Warblade Can't Use Flame Weap/Darkfire

Report any bugs you find here.
Goodman
Commoner
Commoner

Warblade Can't Use Flame Weap/Darkfire

Post by Goodman »

Found this unique weapon tonight, after testing some I figured out that it won't apply Flame Weapon or Darkfire even if it shows up on the weapon description. The few times I've used unique on-hit weapons I haven't had this same problem.

Additionally, while the ability it has is really cool, it's almost completely useless (in my opinion). I think Piercing is the worst of the three physical damage types, and in PVP the most basic of gear would render it moot, as would any mob with 5 flat pierce resist. Could change it to magical damage, or do whatever Driller did to Flamewind to make it bypass fire damage immunities and do that for its piercing damage. Then it'd still honestly be kinda bad, but it'd be a cool flavor weapon.

The char I found it on I made to be a bruiser that could get a lot of armor out of Balfar armor's Thorns, so it'd be pretty cool if this weapon were actually functional and its ability weren't completely pointless. Then I'd be extra spikey.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Warblade Can't Use Flame Weap/Darkfire

Post by driller »

If fw/df is not working, then it is a game engine bug. Not every weapon is going to be useful in all situations, especially a specific one like PvP.
Goodman
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Warblade Can't Use Flame Weap/Darkfire

Post by Goodman »

driller wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:30 am If fw/df is not working, then it is a game engine bug. Not every weapon is going to be useful in all situations, especially a specific one like PvP.
In case this is at all helpful in the future, in my single player playthrough of HotU, Darkfire doesn't work on Enserric either.