Psuedodragon Familiar still has TTS

Report any bugs you find here.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Psuedodragon Familiar still has TTS

Post by Drow Arrow »

so i know TTS isn't allowed here for whatever reason but the pseudodragon still has it. which gives anyone with the summon familiar ability an unfair advantage. I don't know if this is because it's baked into the form so it can't be changed but it's aggravating that this is a thing when things like Dragon shape has to use the modified TS.

either way this felt more like a bug than anything else so here it is.

also people that know about this already may not like the fact I've pointed this out but the changes to spells feats or what ever else should be applied across the board equally to keep the playing field "fair".
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Ezekial Meadsmith
Parnos Meadsmith
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Re: Psuedodragon Familiar still has TTS

Post by Cybermagi »

Psuedodragon's have always had "dragon sight" aka real true seeing
Never been an issue before. (shrug)
not much of an advantage in actual play.
Kind of trivial and hardly game breaking.
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

Cybermagi wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:28 pm Psuedodragon's have always had "dragon sight" aka real true seeing
Never been an issue before. (shrug)
not much of an advantage in actual play.
Kind of trivial and hardly game breaking.
and if all things that naturally had true seeing retained it then it wouldn't be an issue (for example dragon shape or rakshasa shape). but considering that is not the case i believe it to either be something that was missed or not changeable but without confirmation either way I feel it's worth putting it here.

also it is strong because it allows mages to spot sneakers without needing a decent spot skill, which is a fairly big advantage from a PvP stand point.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Ezekial Meadsmith
Parnos Meadsmith
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

As I know, true seeing spell is not disallowed, but altered.

Pseudo dragon is creature, who has it's ability to see everything. It don't use spells. It is own ability.

Undead see everything too. Your hide skill or invisibility spell don't allow you to pass unspotted.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

sergeil wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:10 am As I know, true seeing spell is not disallowed, but altered.

Pseudo dragon is creature, who has it's ability to see everything. It don't use spells. It is own ability.

Undead see everything too. Your hide skill or invisibility spell don't allow you to pass unspotted.
*sigh* for starters TTS or True True Seeing as it's known allows you to see everything whether it is stealthed or Invisible without any checks.

the servers changes to the True Seeing spell remove this ability and turn it into effectively a see invisibility spell while providing a +50 to spot so that there's at least a chance for stealth characters to do there thing without being made redundant.

that being said as far as it being the pseudodragons own ability or natural talent. it is also a natural ability of dragons and rakshasa not a spell they cast (including their shifted shape variants as you actually become the thing you are transforming into and take on all aspects including their weaknesses if any.)
https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_shape wrote: In addition, dragon shapes have spell resistance 20, true seeing, damage reduction 40/+6, and immunity to mind spells, sneak attack, and paralysis.
https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Rakshasa_form wrote: A rakshasa has true seeing, a +2 bonus to saving throws, and is immune to spells of level 8 or lower. It is vulnerable to a blessed bolt.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Ezekial Meadsmith
Parnos Meadsmith