Perk weapons not working while shifted

Report any bugs you find here.
Hoegaarden
Knight
Knight

Perk weapons not working while shifted

Post by Hoegaarden »

I have tried with 2 different perk weapons (overload and revitalize) and neither perk procs while shifted.

Typically weapon properties get shifted when you shift to a form that includes a weapon i.e. drow commando, drider, or risen lord.

I this intended? Or is it fixable?

Seems like a bug to me.

Thanks!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Perk weapons not working while shifted

Post by driller »

Perk weapons won't work due to the way they are coded. Its fixable, but at this point I don't have time to re-write the shifter system.
Hoegaarden wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:05 pm I have tried with 2 different perk weapons (overload and revitalize) and neither perk procs while shifted.

Typically weapon properties get shifted when you shift to a form that includes a weapon i.e. drow commando, drider, or risen lord.

I this intended? Or is it fixable?

Seems like a bug to me.

Thanks!
Hoegaarden
Knight
Knight

Post by Hoegaarden »

Driller posted a fix for this in the September 19th 2021 BSK Update list.

Thank you kindly sir!

<3
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

I've been experimenting with a shifter, having never played one before and the conclusion is they're fun but seriously buggy - feels like the original developers came up with the idea and implemented it in vanilla single player campaign, but got bored and went home before they supported any of the issue for MP servers.

Looking at the issues the server has recently had requiring a roll back of all of Drillers genius edits, I wonder if it was this one that was causing the pain? My current shifter has a perk weapon but it never does fire, but given how generally crazy they are in terms of items merging, (and then when they die if you res them they seem to lose any bonus from the gear they're using until you remove it and re-equip it etc) I could live without it (at least until it's been seriously tested for stability).
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will re-add this at some point. I really need a comprehensive list of shifter bugs.
Lomilinator wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:20 pm I've been experimenting with a shifter, having never played one before and the conclusion is they're fun but seriously buggy - feels like the original developers came up with the idea and implemented it in vanilla single player campaign, but got bored and went home before they supported any of the issue for MP servers.

Looking at the issues the server has recently had requiring a roll back of all of Drillers genius edits, I wonder if it was this one that was causing the pain? My current shifter has a perk weapon but it never does fire, but given how generally crazy they are in terms of items merging, (and then when they die if you res them they seem to lose any bonus from the gear they're using until you remove it and re-equip it etc) I could live without it (at least until it's been seriously tested for stability).