Undead Raid Bosses Immune to Sunbeam

Report any bugs you find here.
Goodman
Commoner
Commoner

Undead Raid Bosses Immune to Sunbeam

Post by Goodman »

Playing vs. Aganoga and Draco, I noticed that a lot of the time they seemed to be taking no damage from Sunbeam. Upon looking at the combat logs, pretty frequently, as in at least half the time I was hitting them with Sunbeam, they were getting a "Reflex Save vs. Divine", with a DC of 0, and every time that Reflex vs. Divine popped up, they'd take no damage from Sunbeam. I've asked around and everybody thought this was weird enough to be reported on the forums.

The character I'm doing this on is an Outcast Fire and Sun domain Cleric, both pretty sub-optimal but I wanted it for thematic reasons due to the character's background. I knew that mechanically he'd be relatively useless, especially given that he's an Outcast, but I wanted to stick to my guns and keep him within the theme. Figured that he'd at least be useful on Draco and Mummy, but turns out that's not the case due to whatever this is. Hoping it's a bug and not intentional.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Undead Raid Bosses Immune to Sunbeam

Post by driller »

Goodman
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Goodman »

driller wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:05 am https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Sunbeam
Interesting, but that still doesn't explain why it only does that sometimes even if we assume it is intentional? I'm not sure what's going on. I'd say they'd get the reflex vs. divine half the time, even though they'd obviously always pass the initial reflex save
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Based on your screenshoot, it lines up exactly with what the wiki is saying:

There are two reflex saving throws. Every creature makes the first one (at full DC) to avoid being blind. If and only if this save is successfully made a second reflex save may be made (at 0 DC with evasion/improved evasion factored in) to halve the damage.

Goodman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:24 pm
driller wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:05 am https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Sunbeam
Interesting, but that still doesn't explain why it only does that sometimes even if we assume it is intentional? I'm not sure what's going on. I'd say they'd get the reflex vs. divine half the time, even though they'd obviously always pass the initial reflex save