sorcerer greater magic weapon and flame weapon bug

Report any bugs you find here.
nam3677
Commoner
Commoner

sorcerer greater magic weapon and flame weapon bug

Post by nam3677 »

i'm playing a sorcerer right now , but everytime i cast greater magic weapon and flame weapon on my familiar my weapon damage is enhanced
it shouldn't be enhanced since i'm wearing a ranged weapon
In addition, my creature's creature weapon damage is not enhanced at all

could you look into this bug? thank you
Attachments
save.jpg
save.jpg (467.27 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Hawkesjax
Commoner
Commoner

Re: sorcerer greater magic weapon and flame weapon bug

Post by Hawkesjax »

I'll add my thoughts and hope it helps clarify parts of the things you're describing. Casting GMW and Flame weapon on yourself while you use ranged weapon and have bolts/arrows equipped will enchant them temporarily. That explains the additional magical and fire damage that you are seeing.

You can try it out and cast the spells, then examine your bolt. It should state a temporary buff in its description.

Creature weapon damage (at least in the case of Flame weapon) does get buffed, but only one of the many creature attacks carry the buff. Since each attack by creature is chosen randomly, you should see the fire damage getting logged randomly as well.

Can't say much about the absence of magical damage on creature weapon though. I would appreciate it if anyone can explain that.
Does your creature's weapon has existing enhancement bonus before you cast GMW?

Cheers!
In game characters, come say hi!
Heng Yi Fang
Retsuko Umezawa
Perrin Swiftstep
Quin Lan'olon
Hoard Y'nator
nam3677
Commoner
Commoner

Post by nam3677 »

no i never casted those buffs on myself i always casted them on my familiar, but somehow my weapon is enhnaced and my creature's weapon is not enhanced that's the problem

tks for the description btw ;) understand my lack of english it's not my first language
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

These are not bugs. Those spells are not even supposed to work on summons or ranged weapons. I add the capability to give a little help for characters that rely on summons/pets.

A lot of summons have three creature weapons, left claw, right claw and bit. But only one of those is enhances, that is why you see the damage applied unevenly.
nam3677
Commoner
Commoner

Post by nam3677 »

oh thank you for the description
thought those buffs can be applied to creature weapons ;)