Character in Opps Area!

Report any bugs you find here.
Dragadoth
Commoner
Commoner

Character in Opps Area!

Post by Dragadoth »

Hi,

I remade my Lvl 28 character and when I relogged in with the same name -- they went to the Opps Area and I cannot leave now.

Character name is Dragadoth Steeldriven.

Not sure what I did - it is a Fighter/bard/RDD

Thanks in advance.
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Re: Character in Opps Area!

Post by Dyndrilliac »

Probably not anything you did, I previously reported a bug where rebuilding your character causes you to lose your sub-race, and I believe the intended fix was to start you in the character gen area on the boat so you could re-select it. Maybe the fix isn't quite ready yet, and a test build is currently running on the server?
Dragadoth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dragadoth »

yeah it does go "Opps! Something went wrong. Attempting to recreate instance. Please let...." right after it checks the Subrace. Then stuck in the grassy square :mrgreen:
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Please explain the exact sequence of events, don't leave anything out.
Dragadoth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dragadoth »

Had a character that was level 28 - think it was alu subrace, bard/rdd/BG I think (but he is now human so maybe I was wrong). Went to relevel and when I tried to log back in with same name it went back and forth several times entrance/somewhere.... as if it was trying to login, but couldnt. Did it 10+ times and then popped me into the green grass area of Opps. When I realised I couldnt leave I exited and logged in with another character to get my loot bags in the transfer shelves. I then logged back into the old character which was stuck in Opps land. I then leveled him up to see if that would fix him, but it didnt and he is still there. Have logged back in before and after sever reboot and he is still there. There were 2 others in with me before last server reboot - Tollerando something (who was spelling out help with crossbow bolts - true story! who said he had no subrace) and what looked like a Alu 1/2 orc. But they are gone now when I log back in.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Try it now.
Dragadoth wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:55 am Had a character that was level 28 - think it was alu subrace, bard/rdd/BG I think (but he is now human so maybe I was wrong). Went to relevel and when I tried to log back in with same name it went back and forth several times entrance/somewhere.... as if it was trying to login, but couldnt. Did it 10+ times and then popped me into the green grass area of Opps. When I realised I couldnt leave I exited and logged in with another character to get my loot bags in the transfer shelves. I then logged back into the old character which was stuck in Opps land. I then leveled him up to see if that would fix him, but it didnt and he is still there. Have logged back in before and after sever reboot and he is still there. There were 2 others in with me before last server reboot - Tollerando something (who was spelling out help with crossbow bolts - true story! who said he had no subrace) and what looked like a Alu 1/2 orc. But they are gone now when I log back in.
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Post by Dyndrilliac »

I did my own test with a level 4 Druid I started recently and she ended up in the grassy area, but then I clicked on the sign and it teleported me to the ship, I picked Lia as my deity (this character is LN) and Airlou as my sub-race (originally I had not chosen one - that was the reason for me wanting to rebuild) and then it teleported me to Blackstone, but when I arrived I did not have my XP (I was level 1 with 1 XP) and I also did not have my dice bag, emote wand, or holy coin. I did have all my gear in the transfer shelves though. I also did not have the stat modifications for Airlou - instead I had some kind of "creature hide" item in my backpack that claimed it provided those properties but could not be equipped or used in anyway. My journal history was in tact though - I did have to use the /init_journal command though. Initially it was blank.

Character name is Nimue Rhiannon.

I'll be honest, the only thing Ill really miss is the Holy Coin because I sometimes get stuck on a treasure chest that spawns when I kill a mob.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can type /unstuck to get around that. Also, Beamdog is going to fix this bug in the next upcoming release.

The Holy Coin will re-create. I will be changing the character reset do to all the issues it has.
Dyndrilliac wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:40 pm I did my own test with a level 4 Druid I started recently and she ended up in the grassy area, but then I clicked on the sign and it teleported me to the ship, I picked Lia as my deity (this character is LN) and Airlou as my sub-race (originally I had not chosen one - that was the reason for me wanting to rebuild) and then it teleported me to Blackstone, but when I arrived I did not have my XP (I was level 1 with 1 XP) and I also did not have my dice bag, emote wand, or holy coin. I did have all my gear in the transfer shelves though. I also did not have the stat modifications for Airlou - instead I had some kind of "creature hide" item in my backpack that claimed it provided those properties but could not be equipped or used in anyway. My journal history was in tact though - I did have to use the /init_journal command though. Initially it was blank.

Character name is Nimue Rhiannon.

I'll be honest, the only thing Ill really miss is the Holy Coin because I sometimes get stuck on a treasure chest that spawns when I kill a mob.
Dragadoth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dragadoth »

Thanks Driller - back in BSK and all seems good.