It's possible to access strongholds after you no longer meet the level requirements using town portals

Report any bugs you find here.
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

It's possible to access strongholds after you no longer meet the level requirements using town portals

Post by Dyndrilliac »

So I'm currently level 15, far outside the range for the Skara Brae Cemetary (4-6), but if someone goes there who can get in normally and then they open a town portal (say to the Portal Room at The Playful Maiden for example), then I can reach the area via the portal despite not meeting the level range requirement.

Need to add a check to the script for the portals created by the portal scrolls (I assume the other scrolls/portal scripts have the same bug) to only teleport you if you meet the level requirement for the destination.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It's possible to access strongholds after you no longer meet the level requirements using town portals

Post by driller »

This is fixed. I think this is the only one that did that.
Dyndrilliac wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:17 pm So I'm currently level 15, far outside the range for the Skara Brae Cemetary (4-6), but if someone goes there who can get in normally and then they open a town portal (say to the Portal Room at The Playful Maiden for example), then I can reach the area via the portal despite not meeting the level range requirement.

Need to add a check to the script for the portals created by the portal scrolls (I assume the other scrolls/portal scripts have the same bug) to only teleport you if you meet the level requirement for the destination.
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Re: It's possible to access strongholds after you no longer meet the level requirements using town portals

Post by Dyndrilliac »

You can also use the portals to ride a mount in places you aren't supposed to.

For example, if I am in a dungeon like the third level of the Ty Swamp shrine, and I open a portal to Bordermarch, I can mount my horse in Bordermarch and go back through the portal to use my mount in that level of the dungeon. It still dismounts me if I try to move from that level to a deeper level (say from second level to third level).

Need to add a check to see if the portal destination allows mounts, and if not, forcibly dismount the PC if they are mounted.