Daze immunity not working

Report any bugs you find here.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Daze immunity not working

Post by SkyBlues87 »

One of my characters has a cloak just with 2 bonuses on it.. Haste and immunity to Daze, whilst I get the haste I have been repeatidly dazed by spell I see no roll of a '1' and no report of the immunity yet get dazed have sufficient levels to identify the spell being cast on my character so know it is daze and not some other mind spell.. Could you check this out please, as my intention later is to forge up this cloak..
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Daze immunity not working

Post by driller »

Explain the situation where and when you are getting "dazed".
SkyBlues87 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:19 am One of my characters has a cloak just with 2 bonuses on it.. Haste and immunity to Daze, whilst I get the haste I have been repeatidly dazed by spell I see no roll of a '1' and no report of the immunity yet get dazed have sufficient levels to identify the spell being cast on my character so know it is daze and not some other mind spell.. Could you check this out please, as my intention later is to forge up this cloak..
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Prime example is visit the vamp in the tavern celler Lord Shallack having dispatched the female vamp charge off to face him and perhaps get a strike in as he has cast haste on himself then casts daze which 80% of time dazes my character with the spell ending up standing there with the visual graphics that match whilst he then casts several cones of cold ... Whilst this hurts a bit I do not die and soon come out of the daze spell to kill him in 4 or 5 hits..
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You are getting hit with his dominate gaze. But that ability and the daze spell are stock untouched spells.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

So daze spell imminunity does not exist and therefore the feat is pointless ,,, If I use a mage/cleric spell name escapes at the moment then i am protected again such.. Or even mind immune works this really does not make sense if i am supposed to be immune then it should be total immune, special ability or not... Take dragon fear for instance a special ability of a dragon if I have fear immune then that works and am not feared..

You say its a domination spell rather than daze fine but I think then the report log if one has enough in spell skil recognition like my character does to recognise the spell it should can domination but it does not it says daze ... Similarly if it was Stun it would say your are stunned ... Something in my opinion is amiss in the code for this ability the vamp lord has ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

They are both 100% stock spells, so I don't what to tell you.

This is a snip of the dominate gaze. The daze spell is similar.

The SignalEvent will affect what you see in the logs about what is being casted at you. In the case it is SPELLABILITY_GAZE_DAZE.

The MySavingThrow function determines whether the spell works on you. If you are immune, then it would return a 2 and you would not be affected.

Code: Select all

SignalEvent(oTarget, EventSpellCastAt(OBJECT_SELF, SPELLABILITY_GAZE_DAZE));
            //Determine effect delay
            float fDelay = GetDistanceBetween(OBJECT_SELF, oTarget)/20;
            if(!/*WillSave*/MySavingThrow(SAVING_THROW_WILL, oTarget, nDC, SAVING_THROW_TYPE_MIND_SPELLS, OBJECT_SELF, fDelay))
            {
                //Apply the VFX impact and effects
                DelayCommand(fDelay, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eVis, oTarget));
                DelayCommand(fDelay, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eLink, oTarget, RoundsToSeconds(nDuration)));
            }
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:11 am So daze spell imminunity does not exist and therefore the feat is pointless ,,, If I use a mage/cleric spell name escapes at the moment then i am protected again such.. Or even mind immune works this really does not make sense if i am supposed to be immune then it should be total immune, special ability or not... Take dragon fear for instance a special ability of a dragon if I have fear immune then that works and am not feared..

You say its a domination spell rather than daze fine but I think then the report log if one has enough in spell skil recognition like my character does to recognise the spell it should can domination but it does not it says daze ... Similarly if it was Stun it would say your are stunned ... Something in my opinion is amiss in the code for this ability the vamp lord has ...
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Just tested and let the vampire use all of it's spells on me. It uses the ability Domination Gaze, not the spell Daze.

Code: Select all

Lord Slayack uses domination gaze.
Spell Immunity: Daze will only give you immunity to the spell Daze, not the dazed effect.
Immunity: Mind Affecting Spells will protect you from the dazed effect (and thus both Domination Gaze and the spell Daze).