Loot and Quest Item

Report any bugs you find here.
DM Shimmer
Baron
Baron

Loot and Quest Item

Post by DM Shimmer »

Hi Driller, Can you please check the loot drop and quest drop item script. The plot item seems to be drop on top of each other. One has to wait until the chest disappears before you can pick up the quest item

Thanks, Shimmer
Matheusck98
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Loot and Quest Item

Post by Matheusck98 »

Howdy, I got the same problem twice when I killed the Ogre in dark forest, Uggkog. We lost the first quest item because of that....the quest item was below the chest loot and we couldnt clicked at time. So both dissapeared.
Axel12
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Axel12 »

yeah just happened to me, with the zombie hag quest. Couldn't pick up quest item due to loot chest in the way.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Axel12 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:40 am yeah just happened to me, with the zombie hag quest. Couldn't pick up quest item due to loot chest in the way.
I meet this issue from time to time too. Workaround is to wait till chest will disappear. Usually quest items do not disappear so quickly and become available.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

There is yet another issue if you became stuck in chest, wall or somewhere else. Use /unstuck command to release character.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

I can confirm that all the quest items I received today were under the chests. In most cases, I managed to take them, but once quest item disappeared almost simultaneously with the chest with loot. So, mind flayer quest I was forced to do twice.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This is probably due to the recent patches made to NWN. I will look into a work around.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have extended the item drop cleanup time by 30 seconds as quick fix for this. This will give you plenty of time to pickup the item.