Shifter being forcefully unshifted/dispelled

Report any bugs you find here.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Shifter being forcefully unshifted/dispelled

Post by Drow Arrow »

When playing on my shifter there have been numerous occassions where I get forcefully unshifted which results in me having to reshift or in some cases causes my death when I lose the extra HP from the shifted form which drops me to or below -10 Hit points.

Most recently was today during one of DM Omegon's events in Blackstone Keep where I was being forcefully unshifted mid combat (and nothing as far as I can tell showing in the combat log as to why) and then having to shift back, which normally wouldn't be a problem but in this case I am shifting into a stone golem which only gets 3 shifts per rest.

this has also happened during raids though at the time I just thought the bosses were doing something funky so didn't think much of it also at that time i was using Risen Lord which also only has 3 uses per rest.

there are several places where I get unshifted and re-shifted at no use cost to my self such as when I loot from containers or walk near certain areas like the storage area in town or the receptacle in the mystic cave for forging in these cases it's not a perm unshift but if I transition while shifted it will also briefly unshift me which can result in my death if when it does unshift me I was at low health and it drops me to or below -10 hp and I die on the other end of the transition due to the temporary loss of those bonus hitpoints from the shifted shape.

while not the end of the world if i'm level 40, it is troublesome having to wait for someone to res me or lose a chunk of experience every time this event occurs.

if I've missed something I will add it but I would like to say that as far as i'm aware and from everything I've read shifter shapes should not be dispellable at all.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Ezekial Meadsmith
Parnos Meadsmith
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shifter being forcefully unshifted/dispelled

Post by driller »

This is an old bug that has to do with saving the PC when they are in a shifted state. I have added a few thing that should alleviate this somewhat.
Drow Arrow wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:18 am When playing on my shifter there have been numerous occassions where I get forcefully unshifted which results in me having to reshift or in some cases causes my death when I lose the extra HP from the shifted form which drops me to or below -10 Hit points.

Most recently was today during one of DM Omegon's events in Blackstone Keep where I was being forcefully unshifted mid combat (and nothing as far as I can tell showing in the combat log as to why) and then having to shift back, which normally wouldn't be a problem but in this case I am shifting into a stone golem which only gets 3 shifts per rest.

this has also happened during raids though at the time I just thought the bosses were doing something funky so didn't think much of it also at that time i was using Risen Lord which also only has 3 uses per rest.

there are several places where I get unshifted and re-shifted at no use cost to my self such as when I loot from containers or walk near certain areas like the storage area in town or the receptacle in the mystic cave for forging in these cases it's not a perm unshift but if I transition while shifted it will also briefly unshift me which can result in my death if when it does unshift me I was at low health and it drops me to or below -10 hp and I die on the other end of the transition due to the temporary loss of those bonus hitpoints from the shifted shape.

while not the end of the world if i'm level 40, it is troublesome having to wait for someone to res me or lose a chunk of experience every time this event occurs.

if I've missed something I will add it but I would like to say that as far as i'm aware and from everything I've read shifter shapes should not be dispellable at all.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

so what ever changes were made I'm now running into another issue which is more troublesome than the others.

Every time I interact with a chest (taking/placing items) or buy from a vendor (can't sell while shifted) it does the usual unshift and shift thing but now it's forgetting my merged gear (which i know because my AC drops from 40 while shifted to 28) so I have to unshift and shift again to fix it.
driller wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:33 pm This is an old bug that has to do with saving the PC when they are in a shifted state. I have added a few thing that should alleviate this somewhat.
Drow Arrow wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:18 am When playing on my shifter there have been numerous occassions where I get forcefully unshifted which results in me having to reshift or in some cases causes my death when I lose the extra HP from the shifted form which drops me to or below -10 Hit points.

Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Ezekial Meadsmith
Parnos Meadsmith
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

I'd also like to add that this new bug is confirmed to be affecting other players so it's not a localised issue. i'm aware you're busy and real life take priority and there are other bigger issues to take care of but just trying to give as much information as possible.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Ezekial Meadsmith
Parnos Meadsmith
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will look into it.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

How is it now?
Drow Arrow wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:59 am I'd also like to add that this new bug is confirmed to be affecting other players so it's not a localised issue. i'm aware you're busy and real life take priority and there are other bigger issues to take care of but just trying to give as much information as possible.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

so it looks like the shifter issues listed above have been fixed as far as I can tell... I may have a different issue to report however I will put it in a separate post as and when I can confirm it being an issue.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Ezekial Meadsmith
Parnos Meadsmith