Missing Journal Quests

Report any bugs you find here.
Slade
Commoner
Commoner

Missing Journal Quests

Post by Slade »

Hello, new to the server and I'm loving it.

I'm missing quests on several characters, I'll have the quests in the Journal then later they disappear but the quest givers still act as if I am on them.

ID Viral Load
Character: Isania Ty:
Missing Forxmore quest. I finished the gold orb, now he is asking for a spear but i'm missing that quest. I was in a group for the orb quest I got completion xp and the next quest, I logged out but it was missing when I logged back in.

Character: Helga Lyonarshald:
Missing Warden quest for Orc leader, Warden asks if I'm done with it.
Missing Gorum in Boadermarch bugbear quest. I could see the cut screen when i went into the cave but the quest is missing.
Thank you
Slade
Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

Re: Missing Journal Quests

Post by Calesimundrel »

Slade wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:31 pm Hello, new to the server and I'm loving it.

I'm missing quests on several characters, I'll have the quests in the Journal then later they disappear but the quest givers still act as if I am on them.

Slade wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:31 pm Missing Forxmore quest. I finished the gold orb, now he is asking for a spear but i'm missing that quest. I was in a group for the orb quest I got completion xp and the next quest, I logged out but it was missing when I logged back in.
you have to go and kill ettin, if i remember gorgo is the name. he should drop you the spear
Slade wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:31 pm
Character: Helga Lyonarshald:
Missing Warden quest for Orc leader, Warden asks if I'm done with it.
Missing Gorum in Boadermarch bugbear quest. I could see the cut screen when i went into the cave but the quest is missing.
Thank you
Slade
cant quite remember that one, but you have to go to the docks and you can travel to kill the orc leader.

the quest is missing on the journal that can happend from every now and then, u can still do the quest and finish it
Slade
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Slade »

Thank you Calesimundrel, the Ettin quest worked and the next quest from Foxmore is showing in the Journal.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Beamdog introduced a bug to the journal a few patches back when they added a new parameter to the add journal function. This is the root cause of this. The quest is still there in the database.
Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

Post by Calesimundrel »

driller wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:05 am Beamdog introduced a bug to the journal a few patches back when they added a new parameter to the add journal function. This is the root cause of this. The quest is still there in the database.
Is there a possibily of a workaround?
Like cancel the quest snd take it back again?

Or maybe add a text when the npc needs the item.
Like the same thing on the journal. So that way they can now what they have to do. Some quest just only say like. Did u bring it? And u dont know what quest is that
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can try typing /init_journal in the chat bar to rest the journal. Sometimes this will fix it.
Calesimundrel wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:41 pm
driller wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:05 am Beamdog introduced a bug to the journal a few patches back when they added a new parameter to the add journal function. This is the root cause of this. The quest is still there in the database.
Is there a possibily of a workaround?
Like cancel the quest snd take it back again?

Or maybe add a text when the npc needs the item.
Like the same thing on the journal. So that way they can now what they have to do. Some quest just only say like. Did u bring it? And u dont know what quest is that