changes in loot?

Report any bugs you find here.
Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

changes in loot?

Post by Calesimundrel »

i notice that now all the loot boxes contains items that are not worth anything, like a +5 enhance weapon, armors with +2 AC in a lvl 40 toon.

did something change on loot tables?
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Re: changes in loot?

Post by sergeil »

Yes, the world has become poorer. Even from an epic boss, there is a big chance of getting almost nothing.
So, grinding is source of wealth and crafting is only way to receive good equipment.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Perhaps it is where you are farming your loot ... A level 40 character should be going on the raid's or seeking to go to highly dangerous areas instead of crawling low level areas without danger of dying to fund themselves even if a change has occured it is more likely you need to move up to monsters that are rated at least over-powering to your character...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

Post by Calesimundrel »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:55 am Perhaps it is where you are farming your loot ... A level 40 character should be going on the raid's or seeking to go to highly dangerous areas instead of crawling low level areas without danger of dying to fund themselves even if a change has occured it is more likely you need to move up to monsters that are rated at least over-powering to your character...
i farm on high lvl places
we do boss runs every day.
farm umgah a lot
even i try to farm on the barracks on underdark.
Also run lost city lots of times, allways i got something decent from 2 or 3 runs at least that is worth to sell on shop. last 10 of runs, i run back again without nothing.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I would suggest then there is something with those area's and/or your character ... I go several places with my main character level 40 and I find more than I can carry in my inventory before I have completed 2 round trips in various areas in underdark... Only yesterday I cashed in like 6 million gold's worth of items with like 9 bags of holding full as well a near full inventory...

Its also a good idea not to stop in just a couple of area's but develop a loop of area's so you can come back to the start point like 45 minutes to an hour later...

If you still have this lack of loot dropping having tried this I would suggest you ask Driller to look into why it is happening to you...
Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

Post by Calesimundrel »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:16 am I would suggest then there is something with those area's and/or your character ... I go several places with my main character level 40 and I find more than I can carry in my inventory before I have completed 2 round trips in various areas in underdark... Only yesterday I cashed in like 6 million gold's worth of items with like 9 bags of holding full as well a near full inventory...

Its also a good idea not to stop in just a couple of area's but develop a loop of area's so you can come back to the start point like 45 minutes to an hour later...

If you still have this lack of loot dropping having tried this I would suggest you ask Driller to look into why it is happening to you...
is not happening just to me.
i ask several players from the guild. and they are agree that something change.
we did not seen a crown of thorn or metal fist in like a month for example.
lots of new random items that not worth almost nothing appear.

is not about the quantity...its about quality.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Then change what you are doing stop doing the same runs or same area's, even perhaps change your god perhaps to Lia ... Personally have not noticed any change in quality as seems to be your feeling aggreived .. I could list quite a few items I have found even in recent days that some would call uber like a belt of ancients with the likes of soak +10/ 15, bard spellslot level 5, AC +6, freedom, haste, and a few saves to various, and an immunity to daze spell... I have more examples of this too but when an item is good as this one I tend to keep them for use at another time or when I have time to craft it up further..

Am guessing when you talk of useless items you maybe refering to socketed items, will fill those sockets with spare socket gems then sell them .. Depending on the item or weapon you could get anything between 40 and 70 k maybe more if you craft said item up with those lesser forge stones you do not need to keep . like a white or green or a number of blacks..

You mentioned a +5 enh weapon that depending on type would sell for like 30 to 50 k craft it up a bit socket it too if you have either the option already or by adding a socketing gem stone to it... Visit the dwarf weapon master in boardermarch also the Juk (blackrose Fortress)... I am surprised occassional by the quality of what they offer... It is still very easy to get very rich on BSK... Recently I gave a new player 300,000 gold to help get started because I have like 250 million gold at least and items probably worth twiced that...

Sure crafting is very important on BSK mostly to get the very best gear and weapons you need to craft them up just don't expect to pick up in a loot chest those sort of weapons you can ultimately craft to a level 40 useage...

Bide you time sell you loot at the most profitable place probably Felfar in the citidal if valued by him at max then go to Akon and get a little more...

Basically what I am saying here is make the best of what you do find... You also mentioned +2 arrows as well. use that tool you found on that quest from Foxmore's marvale quest craft up the arrows with that afore you sell them... All this and when you either find a uber item or weapon you can use then craft that up to your hearts desire... It is a work in progress for many players even those whom have many many characters on their accounts it takes time to get one character just right even my best character still has to find 3 items and to craft them up...

Work at it then work some more takes time its not going to be handed on a plate for you...

As said at the begining change what your doing change where you go to farm or hunt, change your tactics be versatile in every aspect... Move on from Ugmahs go to the beholders, the liths, abo's there are many sorts of mobs in undark including some very challenging sragons...

Overall do not expect to have uber drops at your feet, lower your expectations and let yourself be surprised instead of crawling same area's just in hope of something good...
Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

Post by Calesimundrel »

As said at the begining change what your doing change where you go to farm or hunt, change your tactics be versatile in every aspect... Move on from Ugmahs go to the beholders, the liths, abo's there are many sorts of mobs in undark including some very challenging sragons...

Overall do not expect to have uber drops at your feet, lower your expectations and let yourself be surprised instead of crawling same area's just in hope of something good...

SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:53 am Then change what you are doing stop doing the same runs or same area's, even perhaps change your god perhaps to Lia ... Personally have not noticed any change in quality as seems to be your feeling aggreived ..
im allready lia. even better i have a luck stone also.
i even grind on the chicken level and they are all the same drops over and over again no matter what place u are. if you like the placebo effect of change places im glad for you.
and also that we kill every single boss everyday of the weak. that also include HARD SHALLY a few times.

SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:53 am I could list quite a few items I have found even in recent days that some would call uber like a belt of ancients with the likes of soak +10/ 15, bard spellslot level 5, AC +6, freedom, haste, and a few saves to various, and an immunity to daze spell... I have more examples of this too but when an item is good as this one I tend to keep them for use at another time or when I have time to craft it up further..
for a player that maybe never did a single boss, and recently start playing yeah they are super.
for us that kind of items you mention are piece of crap that goes directly to the seller on citadel. Maybe you have a bard that actually cast spells who knows, or you are happy cuz now you can have a +6 AC without the need of a crafter.
Oh my god and item with haste!, i save a forge stone yaaaaay!. Im so glad i dont have to waste a ******* Forge stone cuz i have 100 of those.
But Hey the pixie is going to be happy YUM YUM FOOD!!!
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:53 am Am guessing when you talk of useless items you maybe refering to socketed items, will fill those sockets with spare socket gems then sell them .. Depending on the item or weapon you could get anything between 40 and 70 k maybe more if you craft said item up with those lesser forge stones you do not need to keep . like a white or green or a number of blacks..
You mentioned a +5 enh weapon that depending on type would sell for like 30 to 50 k craft it up a bit socket it too if you have either the option already or by adding a socketing gem stone to it... Visit the dwarf weapon master in boardermarch also the Juk (blackrose Fortress)... I am surprised occassional by the quality of what they offer... It is still very easy to get very rich on BSK...
do u really waste your time doing that?.
i dont even bother, both sockets and weapons go to the dwarven vendor.
and that happend if i ACCIDENTLY pick up one, cuz i dont pick up anymore that kind of items, waste of space and time to later have to organize.
i dont have any gold issues here, i cant remember the time i said hmmmmm i dont have money for this.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:53 am Recently I gave a new player 300,000 gold to help get started because I have like 250 million gold at least and items probably worth twiced that...
thank god you are here mother teresa.
i would tell you that you cant buy a single good item with that 250 million gold, but since your expectations are low you probably could find something on the shop yeah.
the only thing gold is good for is for craftings, that is on the only place gold goes bye bye in a blink of an eye. thats it.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:53 am Sure crafting is very important on BSK mostly to get the very best gear and weapons you need to craft them up just don't expect to pick up in a loot chest those sort of weapons you can ultimately craft to a level 40 useage...
actually you need to loot and then craft, if you really want good quality gear, you are not crafting a socketing shield or some item that way.
you dont craft on bad items its a waste of stones.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:53 am Bide you time sell you loot at the most profitable place probably Felfar in the citidal if valued by him at max then go to Akon and get a little more...

Basically what I am saying here is make the best of what you do find... You also mentioned +2 arrows as well. use that tool you found on that quest from Foxmore's marvale quest craft up the arrows with that afore you sell them... All this and when you either find a uber item or weapon you can use then craft that up to your hearts desire... It is a work in progress for many players even those whom have many many characters on their accounts it takes time to get one character just right even my best character still has to find 3 items and to craft them up...
good tutorial for new people, i would never waste time on this anyway..
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:53 am Work at it then work some more takes time its not going to be handed on a plate for you...
ok so we kill hard shally like a whole year. and still we did not get a single of the special stones to not mention them.
handed on a plate you say? do you even know how much time it takes to kill hard shally?
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:53 am As said at the begining change what your doing change where you go to farm or hunt, change your tactics be versatile in every aspect... Move on from Ugmahs go to the beholders, the liths, abo's there are many sorts of mobs in undark including some very challenging sragons...

its all the same, they drops dont change that way.
like the luck stone is there for a placebo effect
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

So what is an item that you consider worthwhile?
Calesimundrel wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:56 pm i notice that now all the loot boxes contains items that are not worth anything, like a +5 enhance weapon, armors with +2 AC in a lvl 40 toon.

Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

Post by Calesimundrel »

driller wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 am So what is an item that you consider worthwhile?
Calesimundrel wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:56 pm i notice that now all the loot boxes contains items that are not worth anything, like a +5 enhance weapon, armors with +2 AC in a lvl 40 toon.

that was not my question driller sorry.
i ask if the loot tables change cuz there are a few items that they dont drop anymore from a long while.
like metal fist crown of thorns and that sort of items.

also new items start appearing in the loots so thats a good indication that something change at least
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The loot table was changed about a month or so ago to include more of a range of higher and lower items per level. It was to specific before.

Some items were never dropping, so this fixed that issue. But more overall more items means that the one you are wanting will drop less because the pool is larger.

Calesimundrel wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:01 am
driller wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 am So what is an item that you consider worthwhile?

that was not my question driller sorry.
i ask if the loot tables change cuz there are a few items that they dont drop anymore from a long while.
like metal fist crown of thorns and that sort of items.

also new items start appearing in the loots so thats a good indication that something change at least
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Am not going to copy all your replies above, just tell you that doing one run over and over ... What do expect ? You are getting the same poor loot over and over what a surprise !

As previous change it up do different things as suggest and quite possibly change your luck... Ho by the way you got a luck stone, well I'd get rid of you as it is probably set negatively would explain your bad luck.. Aside that I have never found one even when I was running around like 9 years ago plus seen one a friend back then showed it me but never ever got one myself...

I am really not going about having a a go at you in any way what so ever, just offering alternatives to consider... Just try changing area's regularly will am sure help..

As for Hard Shally done it many times but yet to be in a successful party raid run on him so no idea what loot drops there... And it takes like 3 hours or more to even get close to killing him...

So you think its a waste of time socketing and then you want gold to craft things up ao you sell the socket gem for what 825 gold each a weapon can take 3 so that is like 2475 gold for them. When just adding 1 gem stone will increase a basic weapon to the value of like 5 to 7k adding all 3 to said weapon increases the value to somewhere between 28 to over 65k ... And it takes like perhaps 45 seconds to do it hardly a waste of time... Takes you like 12-15 seconds to sell all 3 to Felfar...

Also I do have a couple of crafter characters already trained up and yet I have buckets of forge stones waiting for the right item to craft up ... I would have had no problem crafting a +6 AC to that belt got like 40 or so of the right colour to do that... Sure its nice it came with it already but it is still a very good item especially for a bardic caster too..

Seems as I said before your running around same area's hoping such items to drop straight into your lap, afraid BSK doesn't work like that it is not going to happen...

There are also items in Akon's that cost likes of 20+ million and they are not toys either or crap items... So i could buy 10 of them but then I'd still need 5 or 10 characters to use such... You do need gold and a lot when you go crafting the last couple additions you make to an item cost millions along with the correct forge stone... If you don't want to bother with crafting thats your business just pay someone else to do it for you...

So you want good items to get more gold to then craft think you missing the point... Sure don't waste your best forge stones on an item your going to sell anyway but there is value in socketing an item up and using lesser forge stones to make more value out of an item like my example of your +2 arrows why sell something for 600 gold or so when you can set it up to return 10,000 or more ...

You may not want to change but what the hell give it a go for a couple of days and return back to your own way if it doesn't work out you've not lost anything apart from the boredom of doing the same thing day in day out and getting the same loot over and over...

This will be my last entry on this thread, all I was doing was suggesting alternative approach for you, take it or leave it ...
Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

Post by Calesimundrel »

Sky What you are saying its useless. Since driller allready answer the question and said it has heen change.
But hey. Remember that i was right all along.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

As for me, the loot is enough rich ... I see no reason to complain.
:P
Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

Post by Calesimundrel »

sergeil wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:31 pm As for me, the loot is enough rich ... I see no reason to complain.
:P
just wanted to know if item where taken out or swap, in this case driller add more items, thats it