Snake cult bug

Report any bugs you find here.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Snake cult bug

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Seems somehow beyond reason my character can not sit on the throne that opens the door behind it... Got there twice today, the first time I thought a relog would fix it, but no I re-entered the game to find my character at the keeps dock side... Second time I tried still could not sit on the throne so done a /save before I tried a relog again and yet again still re-entered the game at the keeps dockside...

Also because I was yesterday helping a bunch of newb's to BSK some other party members handed in other quests whilst someof us had not even taken that quest including my character now have two entry's for the snake cult one giving the quest the other in the completed quests saying have completed the quest... I thought this issue was fixed years ago back on NWN1 to stop others getting there quest logs messed up...

Am not sure the 2 here are related but now can not progress on any of the wardens quests only get the option where the warden asks is there any news on the snake cult and this ends the conversation every time...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Snake cult bug

Post by driller »

1.The Snake Cult area is an instance, that's why you entered at the docks, as the area no longer exists.

2.The chair must be NWN acting up, the code hasn't changed in a decade or more. I made a slight change that might help.

3.That is strange, when a quest is completed by a Party member, a PC in the party will not complete it unless the PC has it in progress.

From a code standpoint it would be something like this:

Code: Select all

//nState = 0 no quest
//nState = 1 quest taken
//nState = 2 quest complete
void SetQuestState(oPC, int nQuest, int nState)
{
 int nCurrent;

object oPartyMember = GetFirstFactionMember(oPC);

while(GetIsObjectValid(oPartyMember))
 {
  nCurrent = GetQuestState(oPartyMember,nQuest);
  //so right here, if you didn't have the quest, nCurrent would equal 0
  //since the partymember is completing a quest, nState would be 2
  //0 + 1 is not equal to 2, so nothing should happen
  if((nCurrent + 1) == nState)
  {
   //save to db, set journal, give rewards etc etc
  }   
 oPartyMember = GetNextFactionMember(oPC);
 }
}
So, at this point, I am at a loss as to why it is messing up your quest order when someone else does a quest you do not have.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:31 pm Seems somehow beyond reason my character can not sit on the throne that opens the door behind it... Got there twice today, the first time I thought a relog would fix it, but no I re-entered the game to find my character at the keeps dock side... Second time I tried still could not sit on the throne so done a /save before I tried a relog again and yet again still re-entered the game at the keeps dockside...

Also because I was yesterday helping a bunch of newb's to BSK some other party members handed in other quests whilst someof us had not even taken that quest including my character now have two entry's for the snake cult one giving the quest the other in the completed quests saying have completed the quest... I thought this issue was fixed years ago back on NWN1 to stop others getting there quest logs messed up...

Am not sure the 2 here are related but now can not progress on any of the wardens quests only get the option where the warden asks is there any news on the snake cult and this ends the conversation every time...
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Tried again after the reset and was able to complete myself no problem at throne this time got the yu ti head handed in and it cleared up my quest list too, thankfully...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Good to hear, sometimes NWN can do goofy things, no matter what my scripts say to do.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

By the way, what login and character were you using when this happened?
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

In game login = NexusRift

Character = Ivy Siamin (was at first occassion level 7, completed when level 8 which gave enough xp to become level 9)