Boat bug?

Report any bugs you find here.
Taros
Commoner
Commoner

Boat bug?

Post by Taros »

Morning, upon entering the server, my toon is on the boat and there is no way off. Thinking that maybe a reboot would fix the issue, I checked a few time. Still no way off. And to make things worse - each time I checked I would be given the starting items again. As is I have 3 pages of the starting items, :). Not sure if this is a but or I am missing something, as the only thing on the boat is the "portal" that allows you to set your exp lower if you want.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Boat bug?

Post by driller »

What is your account/character name?
Taros wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:15 am Morning, upon entering the server, my toon is on the boat and there is no way off. Thinking that maybe a reboot would fix the issue, I checked a few time. Still no way off. And to make things worse - each time I checked I would be given the starting items again. As is I have 3 pages of the starting items, :). Not sure if this is a but or I am missing something, as the only thing on the boat is the "portal" that allows you to set your exp lower if you want.
Taros
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Taros »

Morning,

Login: Taros Treefriend
Toon: Pi Mai

Thanks.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

When you click the portal, tell me every option you get.
Taros wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:25 pm Morning,

Login: Taros Treefriend
Toon: Pi Mai

Thanks.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I am not sure if this is related but just tried to log in my bard 23 / rrd 10 found myself instead of where I expected to be but on the boat ?? I had to re-enter as a new character to get off the boat and into the keep then found that both my rune of recall and the waypoints I had have been wiped clear this is a nightmare... I suspect I am going to have to requirements to regain certain end game locations I had on these two items all over again ... NOT FUN !

I do not understand why or even how I should be having to do what already has been set I also though at the point of writting this think I'll also fine my quest list wiped as well...

Originally afore the last reset I logged out in the underdark just outside the blackrose fortress because I knew that had I logged out inside the fortress I would find myself on the dockside in the keep, but no I found myself on the damned boat as if I had just created a new character.... Am not sure if this can be reset to what I had before or whether I have to do all those things all over again....

Character : Annabelle Reille
Username : NexusRift
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Did you login with a different name? I had that a few times where I mistyped and ended up on the boat.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

No same user name I have selected as automatic so name is always the same ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There is a known random bug with variables in NWN right now and Beamdog is aware of it, it breaks just about everything.

This is probably what has happened this both of these cases. I don't know the ETA of a fix.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Thanks am sure if there is a fix you'll do your best Driller, it has only happened to that one character of mine the others seem to be fine so I'll lay off her for a few days in hope that a solution comes forward...
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

A thought on this situation have been doing the /save command several times on each period I have been in game on advice from Sleepy especially when rewarded with something I deem important item/xp/or special event... Is it possible that saves my journal quests and waypoint and usage of rune of recall logs too ??

If not then is there a point to using this cammand at all ??
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Time for the good news channel :) :) ...

Log Annabele in this morning and appeared at the dockside with everything back as it was 24 hours later, Not sure is it was the work of our fab Driller but am happy as a turkey that made through to the new year without being shot stuffed etc...

Absolutely everything back even the single black forge stone I had left in the perma chaest was back *huge sighs of relief* Was not looking forward to having to do all those quests again afore I could play with the raid party...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have added additional checks to stop this from happening.