Bladeweaver Proc Issue

Report any bugs you find here.
JohnnyShotMe
Commoner
Commoner

Bladeweaver Proc Issue

Post by JohnnyShotMe »

I've read a few posts on how the Bladeweaver is supposed to work, so my apologies if this behavior is intended. It seems like a bug to me.

Few anomalies:
1) The magic damage proc sometimes damages me instead of target. This happens pretty frequently - maybe 1 in 6 procs. This is not limited to when the target dies and does not seem to be tied to any sort of immunity/resist that I can tell.
2) Rarely I get a double heal, or double damage proc. Maybe once in 20 procs.
3) Very rarely I get what looks like two full procs from the sword (heal msg/heal msg/ mag dmg/ mag dmg). Maybe once in 40.

I made sure to test this while only carry one elf blade. The wielded blade is +1 enchanted with a +1d4 bludgeoning affix.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bladeweaver Proc Issue

Post by driller »

You should not be able damage yourself in any circumstance, must be a bug introduced with the last patch.

It's a random roll for all procs. NWN is a bit notorious for is less than stellar rng function.
JohnnyShotMe wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:32 pm I've read a few posts on how the Bladeweaver is supposed to work, so my apologies if this behavior is intended. It seems like a bug to me.

Few anomalies:
1) The magic damage proc sometimes damages me instead of target. This happens pretty frequently - maybe 1 in 6 procs. This is not limited to when the target dies and does not seem to be tied to any sort of immunity/resist that I can tell.
3) Very rarely I get what looks like two full procs from the sword (heal msg/heal msg/ mag dmg/ mag dmg). Maybe once in 40.

I made sure to test this while only carry one elf blade. The wielded blade is +1 enchanted with a +1d4 bludgeoning affix.
JohnnyShotMe
Commoner
Commoner

Post by JohnnyShotMe »

I think I phrased it badly. I am rarely getting a double heal proc on a single swing, or the DD on a single swing, or both on a single swing. Not in a row on consecutive swings.

driller wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:48 pm You should not be able damage yourself in any circumstance, must be a bug introduced with the last patch.

It's a random roll for all procs. NWN is a bit notorious for is less than stellar rng function.
JohnnyShotMe wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:32 pm I've read a few posts on how the Bladeweaver is supposed to work, so my apologies if this behavior is intended. It seems like a bug to me.

Few anomalies:

Catopillar
Baron
Baron

Post by Catopillar »

Something similar is happening with the SHATTER effect, seems to randomly hit yourself.
Cybermagi1
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Cybermagi1 »

yeah.. my bladeweaver damages herself all the time.. like every 4th time the effect triggers...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Lady Panacea Stormwatcher - Arch Mage, Protector of Mistvale

-Elsbeth Stormwatcher - Mistress of Shadows
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You get a single proc chance per hit, it should never do a double heal or damage on a hit.
JohnnyShotMe wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:17 pm I think I phrased it badly. I am rarely getting a double heal proc on a single swing, or the DD on a single swing, or both on a single swing. Not in a row on consecutive swings.

driller wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:48 pm You should not be able damage yourself in any circumstance, must be a bug introduced with the last patch.

Few anomalies:

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yeah, this is a bug in the nwn itself, I have added code to make sure the damage doesn't apply if the target is the PC.

But, depending on the root cause, this might not work. Please let me know.
Cybermagi1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:56 pm yeah.. my bladeweaver damages herself all the time.. like every 4th time the effect triggers...
Cybermagi1
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Cybermagi1 »

still happening.. it's not a huge deal.. I think of as the price for the power...lol

here's a screenie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Lady Panacea Stormwatcher - Arch Mage, Protector of Mistvale

-Elsbeth Stormwatcher - Mistress of Shadows
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Same thing has been happening with shatter for a while now.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The code will be active after the reset at 6pm EDT.
JohnnyShotMe
Commoner
Commoner

Post by JohnnyShotMe »

driller wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:26 pm The code will be active after the reset at 6pm EDT.
Works now, thanks!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Cool, at least there is a workaround.
JohnnyShotMe wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:01 am
driller wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:26 pm The code will be active after the reset at 6pm EDT.
Works now, thanks!
JohnnyShotMe
Commoner
Commoner

Post by JohnnyShotMe »

For what it's worth, there was something to the mechanic of uncertainty as to whether or not the next proc would kill me or my enemy. If you ever feel like making a new class maybe a roguish gambler that somehow manipulates luck would be cool. Gambits that trade off vulnerability for resistances during a fight, sacrifice 5 hp for a 10 vamp leech on the next swing. Stuff like that.

It WASN'T fun to involuntarily play that game but something that the player can interact with as a class mechanic during a fight to proc boons and abilities would be neat.
driller wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 am Cool, at least there is a workaround.
JohnnyShotMe wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:01 am
Works now, thanks!
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

I just hit myself twice with Crushing Blow. The mob I was fighting had an aura which might have contributed to the problem.

Code: Select all

Power Attack : Yunim Lunar attacks Doom Knight : *hit* : (10 + 73 = 83 : Threat Roll: 16 + 73 = 89)
Power Attack : Yunim Lunar attacks Doom Knight : *miss* : (1 + 68 = 69)
*Crushing Blow*
Crushing Blow Hit -> Bonus Damage: 187
You were hit by a crushing blow.
Yunim Lunar : Damage Immunity absorbs 28 point(s) of Physical
Yunim Lunar : Damage Resistance absorbs 15 damage
Yunim Lunar : Damage Reduction absorbs 15 damage
Yunim Lunar damages Yunim Lunar: 129 (129 Physical)
Yunim Lunar damages Doom Knight: 55 (45 Physical 10 Cold)
Doom Knight : Immune to Sneak Attacks.
Doom Knight : Immune to Critical Hits.

Code: Select all

Power Attack : Yunim Lunar attacks Doom Knight : *hit* : (17 + 73 = 90 : Threat Roll: 16 + 73 = 89)
Power Attack : Yunim Lunar attacks Doom Knight : *hit* : (2 + 68 = 70)
*Crushing Blow*
Crushing Blow Hit -> Bonus Damage: 187
You were hit by a crushing blow.
Yunim Lunar damages Yunim Lunar: 129 (129 Physical)
Yunim Lunar damages Doom Knight: 61 (46 Physical 15 Cold)
Doom Knight : Immune to Critical Hits.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This should be fixed after the next reset.