Keep crashing going to Blackrose

Report any bugs you find here.
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Keep crashing going to Blackrose

Post by TressFX »

Hi!

This is happening to me like 8 out of 10 times, either by using the book or the portal. It never completely loads the area, hangs when it's almost loaded. Haven't got any haks/overrides or anything.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Keep crashing going to Blackrose

Post by driller »

I made a few tweaks to the area and how it works, try it after the next reset.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

OMG, think it's even worse now plus no rune there now and what is that shop, so basically killing the area?

it's the balors flame effect that cause too many l;ag when there is too many around at once, like when someone already in the area or just went there.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

A bit melodramatic. There is a rune as always. The shop was me forgetting to uncomment a line of code. It will be fixed after the next reset.

I would say your are correct about the Balor's, I didn't think of them.
Mask-inc wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:05 pm OMG, think it's even worse now plus no rune there now and what is that shop, so basically killing the area?

it's the balors flame effect that cause too many l;ag when there is too many around at once, like when someone already in the area or just went there.

Mask
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

I didn't have any problems porting there now. Only tried it once though but it seems to have fixed the problem.
Also probably a good thing the area is made to be a no port zone. That being said, the shopkeeper didn't have anything that made it worth visit the place anymore in my humble opinion.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is a mistake, I was testing the store to make sure it wasn't the source. It will be fixed after the reset.
TressFX wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:34 pm I didn't have any problems porting there now. Only tried it once though but it seems to have fixed the problem.
Also probably a good thing the area is made to be a no port zone. That being said, the shopkeeper didn't have anything that made it worth visit the place anymore in my humble opinion.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

melodramatic me, pfft :lol:
i was typing and noticed all the other players in the area once i had already posted.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

Just wanted to add that again today, it took like 3min for the Blackrose area to load. I'm not sure if it's something with my machine but I don't have lots of haks and only the overrides for portraits and voices.
That being said, this right after reset and It might have been that some stuff on the server wasn't completed from the reset yet, but I dunno.
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

I have forgotten to post that this problem no longer exist. I'm guessing it's the decreased numbers of Balor's/fire that did the trick.