Where are the skeletons?

Report any bugs you find here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Where are the skeletons?

Post by Cornflower »

This may not be a bug, but I'm a bit confused. There seem to be less monsters around?

I went alone through Daron's Tomb and met one skeleton on the way in, Daron, and one skeleton on the way out. Usually you meet like 10 skeletons.
Then I went through Salems' Tomb with a friend. The way I remember it, you usually meet 10-16 skeletons in there. We met 5, and it's a big place.
Then I went alone through the Forgotten Tomb (the newest). I met 2 skeletons inside.
Then I went to the Raazaak (?) temple east of Bordermarch. I met like 4 mobs on the way to the temple. I seem to remember there being like 12 of them a couple of months ago.
Then I went to Umgah City, it was about as crowded as usual.

Has there been a decrease in monsters on low/mid-level areas? Is something broken?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where are the skeletons?

Post by driller »

Mob spawning hasn't changed. I wrote the spawner so that tries not to spawn the mob on top of you if possible.
That's why if you are farming an area, the mobs tend to spawn on the opposite side of the map. Perhaps this was what happened.
Cornflower wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 pm This may not be a bug, but I'm a bit confused. There seem to be less monsters around?

I went alone through Daron's Tomb and met one skeleton on the way in, Daron, and one skeleton on the way out. Usually you meet like 10 skeletons.
Then I went through Salems' Tomb with a friend. The way I remember it, you usually meet 10-16 skeletons in there. We met 5, and it's a big place.
Then I went alone through the Forgotten Tomb (the newest). I met 2 skeletons inside.
Then I went to the Raazaak (?) temple east of Bordermarch. I met like 4 mobs on the way to the temple. I seem to remember there being like 12 of them a couple of months ago.
Then I went to Umgah City, it was about as crowded as usual.

Has there been a decrease in monsters on low/mid-level areas? Is something broken?
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Maybe. But I wasn't farming as in staying in the are. I just entered, when through, went back out, then on to the next area.
Well, I'll try again and see if it's any different now, after the latest reset.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

OK. Did another skeleton lap. Went in, went through, went out.
Daron: 2 skeletons, one on the way in, one on the way out.
Forgotten Tomb: 3 skeletons, one in the south room, two in the west room.

Update. Next try 2+3 skeletons again.

So, the average of 2.5 skeletons per tomb from the other day holds true.

Now, I'm not complaining, I'm just assuming that something's wrong. Usually, there are a lot more opponents in any area, so this feels a bit odd.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)