Lightning rod

Report any bugs you find here.
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Lightning rod

Post by Snowkat »

I crafted up a weapon recently called lightning rod, description states unleashes a bolt of lightning energy damaging all nearby enemies for 1d6 damage+ caster level of the PC. I am lvl 40 and damage dealt on proc is between 6-12 damage and dark fire does not seem to work with it either. Just seeing if that's the intended effects of the weapon, seems underwhelming at 40.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lightning rod

Post by driller »

This will be fixed after the next reset.
Snowkat wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:00 pm I crafted up a weapon recently called lightning rod, description states unleashes a bolt of lightning energy damaging all nearby enemies for 1d6 damage+ caster level of the PC. I am lvl 40 and damage dealt on proc is between 6-12 damage and dark fire does not seem to work with it either. Just seeing if that's the intended effects of the weapon, seems underwhelming at 40.
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Awesome, thanks.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You're welcome.
Snowkat wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:09 pm Awesome, thanks.
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Darkfire works again but just like Garrett, weapon on hit abilities not working, I tried without darkfire on also, still nothing.
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Seems like the on hit ability is off the weapon now, just description up top,.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The on hit has been removed, but the weapon should still work as described.
Snowkat wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:59 am Seems like the on hit ability is off the weapon now, just description up top,.
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

nope..still not working.. killed stuff for about an hour never fired.it did work last week.
on a side note..
don't think on hit armor is working? normally get a few lightning bolts per hour from "on hit " robes.. nothing now.
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I fixed and tested this, it will work after the reset. What armor isn't working?
Cybermagi wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:27 am nope..still not working.. killed stuff for about an hour never fired.it did work last week.
on a side note..
don't think on hit armor is working? normally get a few lightning bolts per hour from "on hit " robes.. nothing now.
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

thanks and i will recheck the on hit armor property today.. could have just been my senile old mind..lol
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Pulled out the old lightning rods, they seem to be needing some new polishing. After a few hours in the forge 2 new gleaming stones sat in the hilt. Divine Rebuke the craftsman told me. Wow what a wonderful enhancement! They sliced and diced with bolts of lightning and divine rays. But as of today the imbued powers have both been stripped.
Perks stones seem to be working on other weapons so I'm assuming it be the rod again.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You cannot stack two on-hit specials. I forget the error message, I will refund your perk stone and fix your weapon.
Let me know when you will be online EDT time zone.

Snowkat wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:19 am Pulled out the old lightning rods, they seem to be needing some new polishing. After a few hours in the forge 2 new gleaming stones sat in the hilt. Divine Rebuke the craftsman told me. Wow what a wonderful enhancement! They sliced and diced with bolts of lightning and divine rays. But as of today the imbued powers have both been stripped.
Perks stones seem to be working on other weapons so I'm assuming it be the rod again.
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Awesome, thanks!
I will be on Malakai throughout the day

Have plenty of the other materials, The 2 perk stones and 2 legendary enhancement stones would be great to start over with .
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will be on after 6pm EDT if you are available.
Snowkat wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:48 am Awesome, thanks!
I will be on Malakai throughout the day

Have plenty of the other materials, The 2 perk stones and 2 legendary enhancement stones would be great to start over with .