Socket Stones

Report any bugs you find here.
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Socket Stones

Post by XDragonDoomX »

The large blue gem that adds sockets.

The description says "will add a sockets" (the singular and multiple indicators are both present) - thinking this indicated you needed to use a stone per socket to be added, I used one - then a second.
I got a message saying "this has already got sockets" - however the action also used up the second socket stone.

Perhaps an update on the description and/or no loss of the stone on a subsequent attempt ?
139. My bard is required to take levels in the perform skill and cannot 'just play by ear'

2. A one man band is not an appropriate bard instrument.

26. Valley speak has no place in a fantasy setting. Especially if you're the paladin.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Re: Socket Stones

Post by Mask-inc »

depend on what you use it on, you are still restricted as per the gear piece you are trying to sockets.
1/5% more on helms
2/5%+5% or 10% on shields
3/any combination of the % up to 25% for 3 of the same type.

Hope that help

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Post by XDragonDoomX »

Not really.
What I'm saying is : I used 1 socket stone on an unsocketed item (weapon), not realising that it created the 3 sockets in one go.
The description says ' a ' (singular) and also ' sockets ' (plural) - so I then used a second one, on the same item, which prompted the message
'this has already been socketed' - which is fine, however I also lost the second socket stone as well.
I'm suggesting that the description is updated a little and perhaps as well that there isn't a loss if a second stone is used in error.
139. My bard is required to take levels in the perform skill and cannot 'just play by ear'

2. A one man band is not an appropriate bard instrument.

26. Valley speak has no place in a fantasy setting. Especially if you're the paladin.
Lilia
Baron
Baron

Post by Lilia »

The Forge System on BSK is a complex one and has always been a trial and error. Many of us have used and lost stones in the process of learning the system. Over the years many things have been added and removed which fall under the same category.

a Players interpretation of an "examine" of any/all items can also be different... I have in the past mis-interpreted an "examine" and paid the price. But you learn a lot and some of those are hard lesson's.

On Socketed Armor brought from Gunther's Gear, the socket is limited to a certain number of rune/gems and this applies to all items brought from Gunthers Gear, this is mirrored when using the Socketing Stone.

Trial and error... you wont make the same mistake twice!
Make notes :)
shaddeauwolf
Commoner
Commoner

Post by shaddeauwolf »

i used it, item was now listed as socketed. placed a dak rune in it and it used the rune but no bonus added, i unfortunetley used a second dak stone before checking if the first had been successful, so the second one was all me.