Public Information?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Wyrm
Commoner
Commoner

Public Information?

Post by Wyrm »

Hello, I'm new to the server and loving it so far. I feel there is a huge lack of information about the server. Has some one already made guides with spoilers? Is that allowed?

Ive been playing a week now and reached level 20. Mostly using +4 items from the horde event (which is super cool).

I still dont have a strength item & didnt make a caster because I didn't know if this server had a buff rod.
(Spoiler: it does but you gotta work for it.)

Ive heard to ask people in game but I dont want to impose and people who know what is up move at mega speed and dont hang out in newbie land often.

So where are the guides & can I make a guide once I figure things out?

P.S all my thanks to the guy who crafted me haste plate. Dark monk changed my life.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Public Information?

Post by driller »

There is not really any guides. You are not imposing, the premise of the server is discovery and interaction with other players.
Wyrm wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:13 pm Hello, I'm new to the server and loving it so far. I feel there is a huge lack of information about the server. Has some one already made guides with spoilers? Is that allowed?

Ive been playing a week now and reached level 20. Mostly using +4 items from the horde event (which is super cool).

I still dont have a strength item & didnt make a caster because I didn't know if this server had a buff rod.
(Spoiler: it does but you gotta work for it.)

Ive heard to ask people in game but I dont want to impose and people who know what is up move at mega speed and dont hang out in newbie land often.

So where are the guides & can I make a guide once I figure things out?

P.S all my thanks to the guy who crafted me haste plate. Dark monk changed my life.
Wyrm
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Wyrm »

Have you considered a guide, could I make one or would that be against the spirit of discovery?
(Once I figure out the server enough to write one anyway)

It could even be an RPish guide like...go meet all the NPCs to help you along your journey, foxmore has the lowest id costs in town and the pawn shops got the best exchange rates in all blackstone to sell your sizable piles of monster booty.

I think something like that stickied on the forums would be helpful for us newbies.

Thanks for your reply, you got a good thing going on here.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If you write a guide, it needs to be very generic and limited to what a starting character would need.
Wyrm wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:22 pm Have you considered a guide, could I make one or would that be against the spirit of discovery?
(Once I figure out the server enough to write one anyway)

It could even be an RPish guide like...go meet all the NPCs to help you along your journey, foxmore has the lowest id costs in town and the pawn shops got the best exchange rates in all blackstone to sell your sizable piles of monster booty.

I think something like that stickied on the forums would be helpful for us newbies.

Thanks for your reply, you got a good thing going on here.
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

If you see me on, feel free to ask for help. If I don't respond it's possibly because I'm AFK. Can't promise to know all the answers. Ask around, it's generally a very friendly server!
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

If you See Pavlo or Lilith, meet them ...

PS: Server has close to unlimited level of freedom and very friendly community,