Aildrek's Tomb

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Sway
Count
Count

Aildrek's Tomb

Post by Sway »

Just a couple questions surrounding the decision of making the door stay open for 2 hours.

Doesn't this make it a race to whoever can kill Aildrek the fastest?
Can this now be considered a PvP area now that it's competitive for the kill of Aildrek?
If this isn't a PvP area, can this area be instantiated like Witch was?

Thanks,

Sway
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Re: Aildrek's Tomb

Post by Dyndrilliac »

I agree that the current restrictions make it extremely difficult to complete this content, beyond the actual difficulty of the content. Both of my level 40 toons need this quest. I was able to get with a group that did the Dracolich last night, which allows one of those 40 toons to now access Skyhaven since that was the last raid that toon needed to unlock.

It would be nice if it were instanced like Sway suggested so each group gets there own chance to complete it, and also if the window could be 8 hours instead of 2, I think that would be a huge help. 2 hours is really not a lot of time - especially if someone crashes unexpectedly or something - I saw the message that the door was open while I was doing a quest with a buddy, and by the time we finished that quest and were trying to put together a group to do the raid, the door had already closed. We only just missed the window, certainly. Even just doubling the time to 4 hours probably would have allowed us enough time to form up a group and make an attempt after we completed the quest we were on when we saw the message about the door opening.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Sway wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:12 am Can this now be considered a PvP area now that it's competitive for the kill of Aildrek?
Hm... It looks like very soon Sway will ask open for PvP whole server ...

Maybe it's time to outlaw Sway and all of his characters? Let him sit in his castle and not show his nose.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Sergei you don't have to be under every forums post. These are valid points and i'd like you to take your saltiness somewhere else. You're adding no substance to the original post. It seems like you're always trying to be at odds with me and always have something to say.

I know english is like your 15th language so i'll make this easy for you. **** *** **** **. Thanks.

Lets tone this down a few notches please.

Thanks,
-driller
sergeil wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:35 pm
Sway wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:12 am Can this now be considered a PvP area now that it's competitive for the kill of Aildrek?

Maybe it's time to outlaw Sway and all of his characters? Let him sit in his castle and not show his nose.
Last edited by Sway on Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Dyndrilliac wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:55 pm also if the window could be 8 hours instead of 2, I think that would be a huge help.
Someone can stand at the entrance and open the door for party members, so 8 hours isn't really necessary.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

sergeil wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:35 pm

Why are you getting so bootyhurt over a suggestion? Take it for what it is...a suggestion. Until driller decides to put it into action..if he chooses to..because everything on the server is entirely his choice...take suggestions with a grain a salt and move on
-Lady Sabel
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

It's now in his DNA to say something against me ever since I killed him in Blackrose. I'm starting to taste the salt with every keystroke of his.
Kalizzle wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:14 pm Why are you getting so bootyhurt over a suggestion? Take it for what it is...a suggestion. Until driller decides to put it into action..if he chooses to..because everything on the server is entirely his choice...take suggestions with a grain a salt and move on
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

Sway wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:18 pm It's now in his DNA to say something against me ever since I killed him in Blackrose. I'm starting to taste the salt with every keystroke of his.
Kalizzle wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:14 pm Why are you getting so bootyhurt over a suggestion? Take it for what it is...a suggestion. Until driller decides to put it into action..if he chooses to..because everything on the server is entirely his choice...take suggestions with a grain a salt and move on
Like dude...it's a game. Not like you kicked his dog lol.
-Lady Sabel
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Sway wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:08 pm Sergei you don't have to be under every forums post.
Sway, do not say me what I have to do and I will not say you where you have to go...

PS: I think, you are still too young to teach me how I have to live...
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Driller, next time you're on could you please delete all of this nonsense from this post. This post was meant to be serious and his saltiness has now taken over the post.
sergeil wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:23 pm
Sway wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:08 pm Sergei you don't have to be under every forums post.
Sway, do not say me what I have to do and I will not say you where you have to go...

PS: I think, you are still too young to teach me how I have to live...
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Hopefully this server will be a place of freedom and friendship ... If open PvP grows, then the server is shifting towards PvP.
HerBlueness
Commoner
Commoner

Post by HerBlueness »

Wow, so uh, hi y'all, this post be like the dead sea.

Anywho, Due to certain late-game things within and being a quest destination- I would tend to agree to see it not PvP'ed. I say this having been PK'ed there under circumstances I could argue would be appropriate to the zone (farming 'finite' resources). PvP is being promoted in other ways and the community for it is comparatively small to the PvE crowd and those who mix a bit of both.
I realize this does not need my 2 cents but the vitriol here is unnecessary y'all.
Khat Le'Strae
Khit
Drum
~We are men of action. Lies do not become us.~
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

I see where you're coming from. My pushback would be that in any competitive area that requires you to race or challenge someone for drops or kills, imo PvP should be warranted. In this case, it's the first person to his actual tomb and the person to get the killing blow, gets the rewards. It also means that someone can sit back and let you kill him, then take all the keys to the chests from his drop. It definitely needs tweaking.

SN: For the people that complain about PvP, it's only allowed in 2 areas of the whole server. One of which is the PvP Arena.
HerBlueness wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:39 pm Wow, so uh, hi y'all, this post be like the dead sea.

Anywho, Due to certain late-game things within and being a quest destination- I would tend to agree to see it not PvP'ed. I say this having been PK'ed there under circumstances I could argue would be appropriate to the zone (farming 'finite' resources). PvP is being promoted in other ways and the community for it is comparatively small to the PvE crowd and those who mix a bit of both.
I realize this does not need my 2 cents but the vitriol here is unnecessary y'all.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This Tomb was originally meant to be a dungeon that required a level 40 party to clear. This dungeon has basically been superseded
by other content,(raids, powercreep etc...). At this point I am not sure what its fate will be.

I will think of something. But it will not be PvP.