Boy that Dark Obelisk event is rough!

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Boy that Dark Obelisk event is rough!

Post by Dyndrilliac »

So I can solo the bounties easily, so I figured the event itself can't be that much harder... insta-death. Okay, no big deal, I'll grab a merc... nope dead again... Get a small group together with people higher level than me (I am 32)... nope we get wiped a few times... bring in stronger PCs, one of which is RDD and immune to the Fire Drake's insane AOE fire blasts... still very rough but doable. Still, we couldn't seem to kill things fast enough to get flames to power the obelisk and make progress. No matter how many flames we brought, nothing seemed to occur. I assume it was because we took too long getting the flames (they didn't dissipate, we did get them to the obelisk, but there seems to be a limited amount of time to get multiple flames to the obelisk to trigger what I assume is a boss/mini-boss encounter once it is fully powered up).

It was getting late at night and we all had work in the morning so we decided to abort, rest/regroup and try again another day better prepared. I sure hope that weapon is worth all this effort!
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Re: Boy that Dark Obelisk event is rough!

Post by Lomilinator »

I've never seen this quest done successfully, but I've gone in with a RDD as well and managed to kill loads of the bad guys and the fire drakes, put their flames into the obelisk and.... Nothing happens - put about 20 in in total, and at one stage used cleric to implode 4 at a time and put all of them into it.

Can there be some sort of feedback to the player to let them know how close you are to getting the obelisk to transform - spent an hour or so and still no boss fight... so gave up and went home...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You were almost done, it takes 24 flames.
Lomilinator wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:19 am I've never seen this quest done successfully, but I've gone in with a RDD as well and managed to kill loads of the bad guys and the fire drakes, put their flames into the obelisk and.... Nothing happens - put about 20 in in total, and at one stage used cleric to implode 4 at a time and put all of them into it.

Can there be some sort of feedback to the player to let them know how close you are to getting the obelisk to transform - spent an hour or so and still no boss fight... so gave up and went home...
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

Thanks so much for the info - it is one of those "patience, grasshopper" moments... I'll try again :-)