Farewell.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Omegon
Baron
Baron

Farewell.

Post by Omegon »

Hey guys, Just letting you know im resigning as a DM from BSK. I dont play here, I havent played properly in a long time as a player and recent times just reminded me how childish and entitled people are over a 20 year old video game. Being a DM is part babysitter and to be honest in this day and age im not up for that.

A lot of you in the community in BSK are amazing and I cannot fault that. Though I dont think my place as a Roleplay DM matters anymore. Its time I could spend elsewhere creatively and im honestly butting heads on an uphill battle to change a culture of No RP into Roleplay centric on my own.

Players need to remember that playing on any server is a privilege, Not a right. Its hosted for free by someone and developed by them completely out of their own time. The reason why Driller is so blunt is because over the years is because theres always new people sweeping through and disliking things about the server.

Take care most of you and have a good one.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Farewell.

Post by driller »

Thank you for the time you spent here.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

If you think that your departure will benefit someone or you personally, you are wrong.

Some people think that if they kill themself, it help. Hmm ... As for me, it is very odd philosophy. Way of the Samurai?

Being a DM is a great school. Of course, it's not easy, but who promised an easy life?

“Life is not easy,” said one bastard, and he's right even if I hate him very much.

Every man faces difficulties. You met that too. I hope it force you become smarter and stronger.

Well, I think you should get closer to regular players. Create a character and try how it works.

PS: If you leave, you will be very disappointing to me. See you. man...
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

I didn't know you too well Omegon but it was fun roleplaying with you :)

Just as it is in real life Dungeons and Dragons, a good roleplaying DM is hard, albeit impossible to find. Personal, mental health is priority, and when something loses its luster, it makes sense to move on. Thank you for all that you have done!!

Brettly
Cometchaser
Knight
Knight

Post by Cometchaser »

Sorry to see you go, Omegon. Your impromptu DM events were some of my favorite memories on BSK.

I wish you the best!
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

Just as an old rp'er returned. Had a nice time with Pancea yesterday by the tree. Took me back. Was odd not seeing the tree bustling with activity like it was 15 years ago.

Funny story, I've never played the single player campaigns, only BSK. That's for a reason. It's awesome to see the server alive. Can see the hard work driller has put in, such cool new stuff to discover for us old dogs. I hope everyone understands and respects the memories formed here. Truly, BSK will go down in NWN history and that's AMAZING to see!

If you decide to return you have an rp'er that is hooked by the time travel tales of Pancea. Persius heard of Artulias traveling through time in another realm. His cousin Silith talked of these lands, BSK, so he came out see what the fuss was about to meet Pancea and learn of these wonderful tales.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Thanks for the time you did spend will be missed big O ...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

I hope he will return, sooner or later.

BSK is too good to leave it and do not come back.

Omegon need time. We have to wait...
Harvey88
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Harvey88 »

Still waiting for your return.