Character respec change.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Character respec change.

Post by driller »

Sorry guys, just a bit of humor there.
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

driller wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:02 pm I guess my plan to turn hardcore rules on and enable monsters crits then remove all immunities and replace them with + to saves won't be well received either?
I'm bout to report this as abuse😂😂😂
-Lady Sabel
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

A refined Lady with a sense of humor.
Kalizzle wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:43 pm
driller wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:02 pm I guess my plan to turn hardcore rules on and enable monsters crits then remove all immunities and replace them with + to saves won't be well received either?
I'm bout to report this as abuse😂😂😂
Matheusck98
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Matheusck98 »

Howdy, Driller. I really like the server and im enjoying it a lot for around 6 months I'm here. One of the things I really liked was that option to remake chars and always having a chance to get better on raids, specific builds etc.

If I didnt have that option on those months I was here, probably I would have a lot of useless characters. Because actually I learned how to play NWN on your server and Im really happy for your amazing job on the server. (From Dm’s too)

I dont know what is the reason to change it and I dont understand about those things on servers, like script etc. But I know you're probably improving the server. I've already lost some items on transfer shelf but didnt try to get back because I know It's my fault.

There are rules and warnings about it (A lot of warnings). I dont know if that is because people are trying to get back stuffs too. But me and some players were talking about it, and we will kinda ''lost'' some characters with some stats, portraits blanked etc. And like Sway said, if we could try one last time, would be nice.

I know you said it’s final but I really want to thank you for that option I had before and post it here. And I dont know, maybe you like some ideas like the one you liked on that thread.

I think the Cat’s idea is good too with that respec thing beeing only available on Skyhaven, so only experienced guys on server could do it. I was thinking too maybe make the rebuild not available all the time, like twice a month etc.

I know some server do it too, so people can focus and organize stuffs more to dont lost items on transfer shelf and dont ‘’abuse’’ of that option. I just wanted to thank you and said that option was pretty usefull for me when we had it.

Maybe someday if you want to bring it back, I just want to say that option helped me a lot and I really liked it. (Sorry for my english, It’s not my common language). And thanks again.

{added spacing to make it easier to read -driller}
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I might add a token that you get when you reach level 40, it would let you to a total rebuild. This token would be tradable to other players.
Matheusck98
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Matheusck98 »

WOW, thats amazing!!! Thank you very much, Driller. You have no idea how much you helped me to play better on nwn lol. Specially with that total rebuild.
Arithor
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Arithor »

driller wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:52 pm I might add a token that you get when you reach level 40, it would let you to a total rebuild. This token would be tradable to other players.
This would be a great solution to this whole issue, but honestly a little warning would have been enough for myself and most players. If it had been posted "On 8.8.21 the respec system will change to x,y,z" We would have been able to respec, fix our character we made errors on and then move on from there.

As a newer player to the server and epic character DND 3.0 rule system I have made many mistakes on my characters whether it was alignment or starting stats or even class, I continued to play the character knowing I could fix it in the future and would probably make more mistakes.

If the respec environment was as it is now would have deleted the character and started over rather than level to the high 20's or 30's.
Which for some or new players here can take quite awhile, I played for 2-3 weeks just to reach season 19 when I started here before I met anyone or had a high enough level to play with the vets.

Later as I learned the areas and strengths of the creatures, made friends things got much easier. Now I know where I can maximize my time fight the best mobs, know what Items or spells to use, so the speed of leveling is much greater.

I'm not saying the system should cater to the new players but allowing people to fix their mistakes possibly once they hit 40 would be very well received.
~-Characters-
Naga Brightsteel
Naga Kalus
Naga Kalil
Naga McHorden
Naga Asen
Naga Felher
Naga Craftin
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

An Elixir has been added that will allow you delete and re-create your character. The Elixir is one use only. If you want more, then you will need to trade with someone who has an extra.

You do not get put back to the start, so your subrace/deity/alignment will be the same.

If you are level 40, you will get the potion when you login(I hope you have room). Otherwise, you will get it when you reach level 40.
Again, there will be no support for this at all, any messages about this will be ignored. This will be active after the next reset.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Is it available as drops ? Or does the only new ones that come into the game come from reaching level 40?
driller wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:21 am An Elixir has been added that will allow you delete and re-create your character. The Elixir is one use only. If you want more, then you will need to trade with someone who has an extra.

You do not get put back to the start, so your subrace/deity/alignment will be the same.

If you are level 40, you will get the potion when you login(I hope you have room). Otherwise, you will get it when you reach level 40.
Again, there will be no support for this at all, any messages about this will be ignored. This will be active after the next reset.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sway wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:21 am Is it available as drops ? Or does the only new ones that come into the game come from reaching level 40?
driller wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:21 am An Elixir has been added that will allow you delete and re-create your character. The Elixir is one use only. If you want more, then you will need to trade with someone who has an extra.

Resden
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Resden »

question if you go to the invaild area can you move your gear off it?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If you mean the ELC area, yes.
Resden wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:23 pm question if you go to the invaild area can you move your gear off it?
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

First up - thanks for all the hard work - server is great, people are good.

I've used the potion (act of faith after some hard work to get to 40) - and everything seems great - but two things for feedback.

1. My character has lost his emote wand after using the potion - this is a hassle for me personally as I use it to have two characters hanging around together by making them follow(I play from timezones where there is often no one else to join a party with, so bit of a pain. The wand gives me a rough chance) - NOTE - the same thing happened to a character I finished the horde with last weekend (she came back from the horde without her emote wand) - so must have been removed from restart equipment list somehow. If it is deliberate I get it, but would be good to know.

2. my character has something wierd in their inventory after it - looks like an animal skin, but is called palyer properties, and says something about it being needed for horse skills.... - haven't dropped it because dont want to crash everything, but again, wondered if its intentional / what it does etc)

Let me know if you need screen grabs etc and obviously I totally get it if this information is useless - just thought helpful to pass it on.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thanks. I will fix this, but you can do all the emote commands by typing it. i.e. *sits* will make you sit.

You can follow the nearest pc by typing /follow.

You can speak your character's native language by putting [ in front id your text. i.e [Hello.

A relog should fix the skin issue.
Lomilinator wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:06 am First up - thanks for all the hard work - server is great, people are good.

I've used the potion (act of faith after some hard work to get to 40) - and everything seems great - but two things for feedback.

1. My character has lost his emote wand after using the potion - this is a hassle for me personally as I use it to have two characters hanging around together by making them follow(I play from timezones where there is often no one else to join a party with, so bit of a pain. The wand gives me a rough chance) - NOTE - the same thing happened to a character I finished the horde with last weekend (she came back from the horde without her emote wand) - so must have been removed from restart equipment list somehow. If it is deliberate I get it, but would be good to know.

2. my character has something wierd in their inventory after it - looks like an animal skin, but is called palyer properties, and says something about it being needed for horse skills.... - haven't dropped it because dont want to crash everything, but again, wondered if its intentional / what it does etc)

Let me know if you need screen grabs etc and obviously I totally get it if this information is useless - just thought helpful to pass it on.
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

Oh my - so grateful for the /follow tip - huge quality of life improvement!

Skin seems to have persisted through a login change, but haven't checked since the server update today.

Thanks again for all the hard work. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help make the server fun, especially for those who play while you're asleep!