Feedback on New Player Difficulty

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
arroworange
Commoner
Commoner

Feedback on New Player Difficulty

Post by arroworange »

I recently started playing this server and I have a few gripes on the difficulty of this game. This is coming from someone who has beaten the campaign on very difficult, and I have to say that I feel this persistent world is indeed way harder. Specifically the Snake Cult quest. I cannot for the life of me beat it, and even though I am level 5, quest (recommended level 6) , I feel as if I should be able to pull through. I really wish I could level to 6 or even 7, but I've done all of the lower level quests and there is no such thing as "grinding" as monster exp is dreadfully low. Every current quest I pick up is certainly higher than 7 at the moment. As a new player, I feel as if I hit a wall 2 hours into the game. I went to buy a merc and they are way too expensive. Overall, the idea of having these quests tailored to making parties (2-4 ppl) is a hit or miss, and for solo players like me, it's usually always a miss unfortunately. I will continue to play this game, as I would like to see the rest of the content and I'm hoping to make it to at least level 20. But I feel as if I have already hit a wall. If it is due to lack of knowledge of this persistent world's mechanics. Please.... fill me in.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Re: Feedback on New Player Difficulty

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Am sorry to hear you are finding it so difficult but did you really stop to ask for help from any of what may be considered vets on this server ?

Unlike some servers there is no restriction to doing quests by a certain level you do them when you feel like doing them and that can be as olate as level 40 if you so wish... If you would like I would help walk you through the snake cult quest or any other quest... It does have to be the case only that there can be only 7 levels between the characters in a party for such quests... You still get the xp for level in the killing of monsters but the reward remains set for all those in party at the place where each player obtained the quest, in the case of the snake cult quest this is in the mayors/warden's office all doing the quest get the same reward in attendence at the point of handing in the head of the boss...

It is often the case here that new players have to learn the ins and outs and the best route's to leveling or at least shown the how too's... If your in game the next time take a bit of your time and ask for guidence... For the most part there are players that hang around in the temple in the keep that are very willing to get you going and if need will show you around and answer any call for help... Just annonce yourself and that you are new to the server and would like help and/or advice... For the vast majority of us are very friendly and only too happy to help those new to the server... One of the best options to get this aid is perhaps to ask those that are members of the most active guild on the server which is "The Scratching Post" or if you see my user account enter the game as "NexusRift" have quite a few characters in game and will be only too happy to advise and work with you to ensure you get the best out of your playing here... You can also find me on the DISCORD channel as NexusRift I will walk you through the basics and beyond as far as you need to have such help...

Have done this for quite a few players coming even as noob's to NWN or experienced elsewhere just not with this unique server... There is much to learn and much to explore if I or other experiences players can help we will do so get in touch in game or via discord or even messsage me on this forum...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
arroworange
Commoner
Commoner

Post by arroworange »

I got help from a higher level friend of mine. To be honest, he was doing all of the mob killing and I was just kind of following and doing what I could as far as damage goes. He is currently stuck where he is (quest difficulty wise) so I figure I could level a character and help him. However, I myself can't do the early level content without asking for help. Meaning I have to bother him when I'm stuck. It would be kind of you to help me out here. And I would welcome it. I'll hop on the discord and we can work something out.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Sure what ever the issue is I will help out and do my best to aid both of you if needs be... Just ask when you see my login "NexusRift" enter the game or we can set up a time to effect this help am based in the UK so the timing of this post is Like 16:34 for me so you can see what time difference for us to meet is...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

use 5/ and 10/ resistance belts until you can use better.
try and use the right 5%/10%/25% physical immunity armor/robe when fighting an opponent.
use a socketed weapon for leveling, add 3 different elemental damage types as you level up.
can find and use altars which most of the time give you bonus/loot, also one that set darkfire on your melee weapon.

that should help

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

arroworange wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 pmI recently started playing this server and I have a few gripes on the difficulty of this game. This is coming from someone who has beaten the campaign on very difficult, and I have to say that I feel this persistent world is indeed way harder.
Believe me, friend, this world is not hardcode. Sure, you have to investigate a little bit to understand it better, but I have started alone from level 1 my first character here and I was able to survive and grew till level 40.
arroworange wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 pmSpecifically the Snake Cult quest.
Sure? ... Hm ... If you feel it is difficult, you can grow a little bit somewhere else. It is not obligatory to make quests one by one... In fact, I have started quests much later. You can grow in free space alone or in team ... Also, you can ask for help ... If you see Pavlo or one of Sergei* characters in game, do not hesitate to ask for help and I will do my best.
arroworange wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 pmI cannot for the life of me beat it, and even though I am level 5, quest (recommended level 6) , I feel as if I should be able to pull through.
Well, if you want know it. Serious hunt is started after level 40. It is feature of server. All other is training...
Maybe, some places are difficult for some classes, in specially for new players, but ... it is not prohibited to receive help, gather team to hunt together. Big advantage is rich loot and ... freedom. As minimum, you are not forced to hunt with one or two bottles of potion and save money for new armor or weapon.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

PS

In fact, the server motivates team building and investing in tactics. The sooner you start making friends and learning the basics of combat tactics, the easier it will be for you.

Okay, if this is difficult for you...
1. If You are a loner by nature, start with a strong fighting class.
2. If You just want make your gameplay easier, ask for help more experienced players, as example Pavlo. In case of Pavlo your reward will be depends of how good RP you will.
3. Try to join guild. As soon as you became member of guild, it will be mission of guild master to train, teach and grow you.