Guild Purpose Discussion

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Catopillar
Baron
Baron

Guild Purpose Discussion

Post by Catopillar »

//Moved and renamed this post to make it more on topic.
Last edited by Catopillar on Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Smoochie
Baron
Baron

Re: NEW GUILD: The Scratching Post

Post by Smoochie »

i concur!
Last edited by Smoochie on Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryn Wildcat - Aspiring Crafter.
Song Lu - Punchy McPunchalot
Abi Blackborn - Dwarven Painstaker
Sun Flower - The Caregiver
Oni Hikikomori - The Lost
Joan - Queen of the Horde
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

//maybe it's just me, but how it sound, is a guild or group of good peoples sharing everything together BUT you can be any alignment or classes you want. as long as you always help and share with your fellow guild mates. ALright, but evil doesn't fit at all in this unicorn story, just saying.

Basically a raid guild and nothing else?

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Smoochie
Baron
Baron

Post by Smoochie »

Mask-inc wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:54 am //maybe it's just me, but how it sound, is a guild or group of good peoples sharing everything together BUT you can be any alignment or classes you want. as long as you always help and share with your fellow guild mates. ALright, but evil doesn't fit at all in this unicorn story, just saying.

Mask
//True, it is pretty much a Raid guild, but a bit more. A lot of new players will benefit from a guild like this. If it wasn't for Cat's help, i would have given up a long time ago. I have played with a lot of players here and to be honest their alignment was completely irrelevant. There are no evil players on Blackstone keep (except for maybe Swai lol) because it's really not an RP server. It's RP lite. To use your words, it's all one big unicorn story lol. also, this was -supposed- to be an RP post of sorts, but you went OOC and i don't see a problem with that. if you had an issue with purpose of this guild, perhaps a different avenue would have been for the best.

Sleepy
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Notices Abi's signature
*signs parchment*
Kyrrah A'Darith

Someone has to try to keep you alive
Catopillar
Baron
Baron

Post by Catopillar »

Mask-inc wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:54 am //maybe it's just me, but how it sound, is a guild or group of good peoples sharing everything together BUT you can be any alignment or classes you want. as long as you always help and share with your fellow guild mates. ALright, but evil doesn't fit at all in this unicorn story, just saying.

Mask
//Think of it as a Tavern with a temporary truce when you enter, but there are some behind the scenes operations. Open to the public but run by a group of people, this group of people is the guild.

Yes our main goal is helping new players and killing bosses, but there are some fun activities in the inn with lots of RP potential.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

//I like the concept, it's always nice to have a place everyone can get along. Also a place where new players can get help. Only thing for me is it seems more like a cult than a guild lmao. I mean we have guilds named "Illuminados" , "The Hunters" , Etc. Seems like Cat made his own house on the server and has his "followers" in it. No hate at all, i just think its pretty funny. Basically seems like a place based off of his own toon/own liking, rather than a shared place for everyones liking.

Its not "Hey come join a guild where WE do this, this, and that."
More like "Come join MY guild, where I like cats and we can do raids and pvp in the basement "

Again NO HATE, just my opinion.

Sway

Mask
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Sway wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:22 pm //I like the concept, it's always nice to have a place everyone can get along. Also a place where new players can get help. Only thing for me is it seems more like a cult than a guild lmao. I mean we have guilds named "Illuminados" , "The Hunters" , Kazrites, Etc. Seems like Cat made his own house on the server and has his "followers" in it. No hate at all, i just think its pretty funny. Basically seems like a place based off of his own toon/own liking, rather than a shared place for everyones liking.

Its not "Hey come join a guild where WE do this, this, and that."
More like "Come join MY guild, where I like cats and we can do raids and pvp in the basement "

Again NO HATE, just my opinion.

Sway

Mask
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
Catopillar
Baron
Baron

Post by Catopillar »

I asked to have this moved to general discussion, feel free to keep discussing. I am open to any feedback/suggestions.

I will make a new post in Cork Board that I would like to keep for people signing.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

And all this time I thought it has something to do with metamorphosis...
More like "Come join MY guild, where I like cats
Catopillar
Baron
Baron

Post by Catopillar »

I actually really like pillars, hence the spelling, Cat O' just sounds good in front of it
Furious_ddd
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Guild Purpose Discussion

Post by Furious_ddd »

Or or or......is it symbolic of the many legs of the weary travelers who come to take a Cat Nap at the Scracting post..which is actually a front for some nefarious going ons, where people come to "scratch" an itch they may have.....maybe the post is a literal post where vendettas or "tasks" are posted (scratched).

*this is what happens when i get no sleep...the mind wanders*

DDD
Hafur Merhein - dwarven cleric
Catopillar
Baron
Baron

Post by Catopillar »

Furious_ddd wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:21 pm Or or or......is it symbolic of the many legs of the weary travelers who come to take a Cat Nap at the Scracting post..which is actually a front for some nefarious going ons, where people come to "scratch" an itch they may have.....maybe the post is a literal post where vendettas or "tasks" are posted (scratched).

*this is what happens when i get no sleep...the mind wanders*

DDD
This is honestly what I was aiming for. The Scratching Post is just an inn/tavern. Then there is a behind the scenes group, mob family style. I never came up with a good name so the guild just kinda became called the scratching post.
Smoochie
Baron
Baron

Post by Smoochie »

Cat is a pillar of the community lol
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

I would consider The Scratching Post not as guild, but as community.

IMHO, for people, who never faced heavy RP, The Scratching Post is best place to start.

In fact, RP is very interesting and complicated thing.

Blackstone is lite RP server, but I'm sure that very soon much part of people, who already tired to run and earn, will focus to serious RP.

Server has everything for it.