Guild Purpose Discussion

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Re: NEW GUILD: The Scratching Post

Post by sergeil »

Mask-inc wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:54 am ALright, but evil doesn't fit at all in this unicorn story, just saying...
Mask
You think too straightforwardly. In fact, everyone, who want classical RP, play on heavy RP servers.

Sure, your guild looks much better from RP point of view, but it is too dark. Also, not everyone is ready to met true RP gameplay and, in specially, became true villain.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Re: Guild Purpose Discussion

Post by sergeil »

// Strong paladin's order of church with strong requirements and rules is still missing. Time of intolerance towards evil has not yet come.
upabob
Knight
Knight

Post by upabob »

I like playing Paladins in NWN. But I've generally found it only really works as a support melee character. And it requires at least a medium-RP server to get much out of it.

I abandoned my first Paladin at 31 and am about to hit 40 on my second. But he's under-powered.

And with no RP (I had a dwarf Paladin in a dwarf guild on the old Myth Drannor server - that was FUN), he doesn't serve much purpose here.

I doubt we'll see a LG or Paladin-centric guild here at BSK. Just not enough RP to make it happen.

Which is fine. It's a melee-centric server. Amia and other servers are for more RP. It all works out.

Laocoon/Alviss/Hector
Laocoon
Priam
Alviss
Hector
Drelm
Molin
(if it's related to the Iliad, it's probably me)
BlackGate.com - World Fantasy Award-winning website
Fantasy, SciFi, RPG, Gaming, Horror, Mystery - swing on by.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Usually paladin is recognized as class which has advantage against evil.

When I written paladins order or church, I did not mean paladins class. In fact, there are a lot of lawful good builds.

Also, every guild can have ally, who is not obligatory to conform guild requirements.

PS: Well, a church that will confront the evil guild ...
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Non evil members of Members of The Scratching Post can became ally of church.