new beamdog update..

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

new beamdog update..

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Just asking is it safe to download this update that has appeared tonight any issues reported anywhere ?
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new beamdog update..

Post by driller »

Not yet.

SkyBlues87 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 pm Just asking is it safe to download this update that has appeared tonight any issues reported anywhere ?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It's ok to update.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

My thanks will do later on today
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Weird... I updated this afternoon and now its suggsting to update again !? Can I assume the first attempt failed ?
Smoochie
Baron
Baron

Post by Smoochie »

i am downloading it right now. it seems like a vast improvement but we'll see...

https://www.beamdog.com/news/patch-8193 ... d-edition/
Ryn Wildcat - Aspiring Crafter.
Song Lu - Punchy McPunchalot
Abi Blackborn - Dwarven Painstaker
Sun Flower - The Caregiver
Oni Hikikomori - The Lost
Joan - Queen of the Horde
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The second update was a small hotfix.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:18 pm Weird... I updated this afternoon and now its suggsting to update again !? Can I assume the first attempt failed ?
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Okay thanks for the info
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Post by Asturonethoriusaline »

Hey Hi Driller.

Background:

I have the NWN EE Mobile version on my Smartphone.

I cant download, install Beamdog's newest update.

The only way I can update NWN EE is if Beamdog makes the new update available to be downloaded via Google play.

The last time Beamdog did a update it took about 6 months to 9 months to 12 months for Beamdog to make that update for, on the Mobile Device version of NWN EE.

During that time 85% of the PW's on the Blue PW list, including BSK, got greyed out, became unavailable, until 6 to 12 months later, 85% of the PW's including BSK became available again.

So now there is a new Beamdog Update, that I cant get so far.

And you have moved the aerver over to the new Beamdog Update that I cant get so far.

You have said that some creatures, placeables, the Teleporters, etc, wont work until get the new Beamdog Update.

So far without updating so far, because cant update, everything seems to work just fine EXCEPT.

1. Even tho I can get a quest, then do a quest. When I return to the quest giver to get my reward, xp, etc, the quest giver will ask if I have done the quest, and the only response I can give is NOT YET, even tho I complete the quest.

This has happened with the Snake Cult Quest, the Kill The Gnoll Leader Quest in Skara Brae.

2. The Teleporter checker, chessboard like places dont show up. The board shows up, but there isnt a teleporter there on the board, an or cant get 1 to appear.

So far this is the only problems so far.

So since I cant update to Beamdog's new update until its available on Google play, is there any way you can help me, and other phone players in my situation?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Type /waygate while standing on the pad.

What was the name of the character that has the quest issue? This should have nothing to do with the update.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Thanks Driller. Toon, Character name:

Swifty Ratirone Wiloren Sarethorilonasine

Elven Cleric 6/Rogue 2.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It looks like you do not have the head of the Snake cult leader. In most cases, when a quest monster is killed, it will drop a plot item and will be marked by an orange shaft of light so that you don't miss it.
Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:17 am Thanks Driller. Toon, Character name:

Swifty Ratirone Wiloren Sarethorilonasine

Elven Cleric 6/Rogue 2.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Ok. I suppose I didnt pick up the head, item of the Gnoll Leader in the Kill the Gnoll Leader, Skara Brae Quest either.

I didnt see a head, item drop in, for both the Snake Cult Leader, and the Gnoll Leader for, in both quest.

And the highlight everything button is clicked on(There is a buiton that when you tap, click it on the phone version of the game, puts up the name of the character, Toon, PC, NPC, highlights both hostile and non hostiles, and makes hostiles redness more red, and highlights where chest, doors, loot, items, dropped stuff, etc, is)

If that button was clicked off, I would immediatly notice. And I always play with that button clicked on.

So dont know how I missed, didnt see the Heads, items, etc, of those 2 Boss, Quest monsters, etc.

Thanks for the help.