major problem with my characters quest journals after error fixing.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

major problem with my characters quest journals after error fixing.

Post by Stabbath »

I went to bed while Driller was working on fixing the error spam. Before, while playing he'd ask people to log off and waited until we did so. I shot him a tell, since due to rl drama had to afk a lot. Told him just to boot me if needed. went to bed, forgot I had my character logged in. When I woke up iirc my character was still in game. So I proceeded on with playing but then noticed my quest journal is completely wiped. All tabs, empty. Logged completely out of game came back still same issue. Waited for reset, got back on and my journal was back. However, upon next log in, gone again. So, I decided to make a new character via perma deleted everything. I used that characters name I deleted with next one. Same journal problem happened again. So, recreated another character, same First name, but changed the last. Same problem. So, this morning created a new character first and last name different. Get quests and then they go away after I log out and back on. All the other tabs are empty too. I tried briefly playing an alt, and quest journal was there. Seems the issue occurs when I make a new character. Any help otw? Do I have to make another nwn account in order to play? I hope not, i have several alts and a lot of time put into my characters so far. Can u make two accounts with one purchase of Neverwinter Nights EE gog version? Hate to have to buy the game for a 3rd time to play on 1 server. It is my fav server tho, so will if I have to.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Re: major problem with my characters quest journals after error fixing.

Post by Stabbath »

ok just tried on a alt i checked with once before and now journal is empty. Any, old or new characters lose ALL info. in all tabs of their journal upon logging out.

My account name is Stabbath btw, like here in forums. Giving this in case someone wants to look at my characters etc. I'm not all sure how the dm/gm side of things work, since I only glanced at it yrs ago. I play a lot tho :)
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I too have noticed this journal issue but as it wasn't causing my characters to be out of sorts.... Just a little annoying to find I had already done a quest and the update wasn't showing any more... This is particularly with the shrines they are no longer listed at all not even as done or waiting to be done...

I too was about at the time the script errors were in progress endlessly listing them... But It is also the case with any other character I have that lists of prgress or awaiting seem not be being listed ... Just a little frustrating that some are on the longish side only to find either you haven't even taken the quest or had already done it such... Guess I'll have to start writting them down for each character I have for now...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

all tabs are empty. I will get a quest and it shows up. I log out and back in it is gone again. all tabs blank again. my initial character I could reget quests I already pick up. I have tried repicking up quests that disappear from other quests, and even though all tabs are empty, the npc acts as if it is still in process. So, I have thought it was a name issue, but even previous characters lose their info, as well as my newly created ones. I have a lot of extra stuff downloaded with this version of neverwinter. I would try to reinstall, but it would take forever and be a big headache to have to reinstall all of that, plus spend more money while out of work due to coronavirus still. Making a new gog account now, and easier to just make a new account, spend hopefully only 5 bucks and give my new account (hopefully they can use same names, not sure yet) items from the bugged one. Then gradually get my add ons here and there if needed. Dunno if I will have to reload them again, if NWN will be installed twice with 2 gog accounts.
Last edited by Stabbath on Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I'll look into it.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

ok thanks driller. My account name is Stabbath, and let me know if u want any character names etc.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

is it ok for me to play? Or u need me to stay logged off?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is not your character, I will upload a fix when I get it sorted. You do not need to do anything.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

ok. Was going to buy the game again. Created a new account at gog. I love playing on that server so much, I can't stand it, so thought it was worth another 5 bucks. Anyway, price is back up to 20 bucks on gog, so I'll wait it out. I bought the game on the day of release (my birthday apr 5th) in 2002. BirthDAY not yr of course. I'm no video game prodigy. Har. all the expansions I think, as released. Now, around 4 months back the EE edition. Fell back in love with the game, if not more so (I like dungeon siege more today than back then too for some reason). This is the funnest and most into a game thanks to the server as I've experienced in years.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Glad you like the server.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

I transferred a throwing axe of returning to a newly created character from one I deleted. It isn't returning. Each time I throw, I lose one.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

any progress?
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

WEEEEEEE! yep, got my journal back. Haven't logged back and in yet, but phew, was worried for awhile. Might go over my head, but anything a non-gm would understand as the problem? Or, anything we can do as players to help it not happen?
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

my returning axe is fixed too. so happy.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

logged in after reset, journal was back. logged out and back in. all tabs empty like before.