No more thieves guild intro?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

No more thieves guild intro?

Post by Stabbath »

On some previous characters I made awhile back, each of them had at least 1 lvl in rogue, and they would always encounter a group of thieves after leaving the starting city, heading out north. What triggers this? Past few characters have not had this occur, even though they are part rogue. Alignment have something to do with it? Lvl? Quests progress? Anytime I encountered it before, was always early on, but not exactly same time. Think one of my characters got a lvl or two before it happened.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Re: No more thieves guild intro?

Post by Stabbath »

Oh, one more thing. On my new characters they may be using the same names as previous deleted ones. They are starting over fresh, but some after going thru the npc at docks to delete character. I did that so I could make a fresh character without any xp, or quests done. Since everything was supposedly deleted in the option i picked, was hoping that I could experience the full game again. I don't know if the possible same names is what's confusing the game from giving me the Thieves guild intro or not.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

you need to be doing "rogue like actions" before the guild leader of the thiefs notice you.
sometime it's really fast, sometime he just ignore you for a while.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

That occurred to me, so just got done breaking in houses north of the starting city. Came back and no intro. My character is still just lvl 1.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

Interesting. Seems bounty quests are tied into the name. I deleted my character completely, everything was like starting a brand new character until I came across the Bounty quest npc. She still had me down for the one I took up with the deleted character (exact same name). Hope this doesn't lead to any conflicts.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

Just encountered the intro.. Thief related spoilers potentially follow............

Encounter happened after I tried to pick several locks IN town, not outside. Anyway, at lvl 1 I told the guild leader, Up yours" to see what would happen. As I figured, my lvl one butt got one shotted. I noticed there was a will save that happened before. Wondering if there's a way to survive the encounter? So, I went right back out, same intro scene happened again. Dead. Was thinking about deleting this character lol and waiting to a much higher lvl to trigger the intro scene. Or, does it not matter? U HAVE to agree to join or die? I do want to ultimately join for the quests or whatever etc. I'm just curious what would happen if you don't die and survive. Be funny if you become the leader lol.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Always found the quickest way to get the (ahem) invite was to pick a few commoners pocket's around the keep...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You basically dont have a choice, its join or die. Its a lose lose situation for you if you don't join.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

The server was going down as I encountered the second time I refused. I was killed then, and logged, server was shutting down within seconds. Upon coming back, the intro started back up and my character was a live lol. No one was attacking her. No way out, and I didn't want to blow a scroll considering I was going to reroll. So I attacked the head guy, couldn't talk with him again. Died. Did it another time, yes, I am stubborn. Same thing happened. Ok, then I deleted that character remade (by deleting everything) with same name. Behaved myself, and went out north. Got encountered. Seems to be attached to name. The previous bounty the deleted character had was still in the Journal, and I had to cancel it. So, since not everything was a clean slate, I racked my brain on how to do the name a little different, but couldn't satisfy my ocd I guess. Said screw it, used same name and just gleefully accepted the guild "invite" I'll try the impossible with another character. I have an alt addiction with this game unlike no other.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

Just encountered the intro with a new, yes new again character. Had a henchman with me. He always attacked and screwed things up. I had to die 2 times before I let him go (didn't get my golds worth, overpriced and runs around naked most the time anyway). To carry on. But it was stuck in the intro where i had to die again. The game crashed on the first time the hench attacked. lol. Well, I know that guilds meeting very well now. I've seen it a lot.

Speaking of guilds. I noticed a hunter guild in Skara B. I am part ranger, won't let me in. Anyone have info. on what this building is about? Or if there are other class guilds? Wiz, Druid, monk, fighter etc. Thanks.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

It's a players guild, you'll need a specific key to enter aka being a member.
same for the Illuminados guild hall in bordermarch, you can access the shopkeeper inside but the rest of the building need a specific key.
kazra henchman also got a guild hall but it's in pocket dimension somewhere, this one require a kazranite portal stone to gain access.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Post by Asturonethoriusaline »

Ok I made a new Character, that had a different name from past toons.

I started Rogue 1 at 1st Level. Then Cleric 1 at 2nd Level.

I behaved myself. Was Lawful Neutral(Elven Monk 1/Cleric 26/Rogue 13 build plan)

I too was conked over head, woke up in secret place, and asked to join thieves guild.

I accepted.

So why was I invited?

I dont think I should have been invited because of my non thief behavior(I only sneaked, sneak attacked outside city against monsters, etc.)

I never stole, etc.

Also my Lawful Neutral Alignment should have prevented a invite, since I was behaving lawfully.

It seems like that even if you are Lawful good, behave, etc, that if you take even 1 level of Rogue, that you get invited to the thieves guild.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Just lucky I guess ;)
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Are you sure you didn't handle stolen items at some point?
Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:33 pm Ok I made a new Character, that had a different name from past toons.

I started Rogue 1 at 1st Level. Then Cleric 1 at 2nd Level.

I behaved myself. Was Lawful Neutral(Elven Monk 1/Cleric 26/Rogue 13 build plan)

I too was conked over head, woke up in secret place, and asked to join thieves guild.

I accepted.

So why was I invited?

I dont think I should have been invited because of my non thief behavior(I only sneaked, sneak attacked outside city against monsters, etc.)

I never stole, etc.

Also my Lawful Neutral Alignment should have prevented a invite, since I was behaving lawfully.

It seems like that even if you are Lawful good, behave, etc, that if you take even 1 level of Rogue, that you get invited to the thieves guild.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Post by Asturonethoriusaline »

Well I have gotten loot from places like the level 5 shrine, the Snake Cult Stronghold, where I had to unlock chest, to get loot. So I can be technically considered stealing from the Shrine, Snake Cult.

But I havent stolen anything from farmers, townsfolk, adventurers, etc.

As far as handling stolen merchandise. I have bought stuff from the pawn shop. So maybe that is considered stolen.

Also when I have sold 1 or 2 items in past, the merchants wouldnt buy them because they were called stolen by the merchant.

These were either items that start game with, or get from Lv 5 shrine, or Snake Cult, etc, from adventuring, etc.

They were not stolen by me items, and neither were they me buying stolen items, unless the pawn shop items are sometimes considered stolen.

At the time that I couldnt sell those supposed 1,2 stolen items, I thought it was some kind of glitch, bug.

The other possibility is I suppose I could have(Dont think so), accidentally misclicked something like a open shelf in town, and then accidentally misclicked a very snall item, and accidentally didnt notice it go to my inventory, and accidentally did see it in inventory. I dont think something like that happened.

I think its just some kind of bug, thats causing this problem.

But even if it werent that.

Even if somebody were to steal a item or 2:

1. Unless your a bad thief, you shouldnt be observed stealing by the thieves guild. If your a skilled, successful thief, how the guild going to know it was you. It would take 4 to 7+ times stealing things, before the guild would notice and figure out its you.

2.You would need to either STEAL A LOT, OR some EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE things, OR be a level 2,3,4+ thief.

A level 1 thief should not be invited, unless steals a lot, combined with stealing a lot of extremely expensive items, gets caught a lot, fails and is observed by the guild, has a big reputation among thieves, etc.

3. And even if the guild were to figure out that your stealing, the guild would probably let it slide a little(Either 1 level up in Rogue, after Rogue 1, so 2nd level Rogue, or 3 to 5 stealing things, or stealing 1 to 3 expensive things), before getting around to inviting you.

So I think its probably some glitch or bug, that or all Rogues even well behaved Level 1 Rogues are being invited.

In any case, I just accepted the invitation, and have moved on, and so its not that big a deal to me.

But for others you night want to look into this, and maybe fix it, change it.