Player login refused

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
HeroofPhlan
Commoner
Commoner

Player login refused

Post by HeroofPhlan »

My first day in here I made a Fighter/Bard. Things went smoothly until the next time I tried to log in. When I did so, I got this message:invalid character-player login refused illegal removed spells. I cannot log in with this pc anymore...Note: I have another account on another cpu with the same nwn ee username: In Search of the Unknown . When I first tried to log into BlackStone Keep I could'nt use (In Search of the Unknown) username on my pc's nwn ee account. It may have something to do with that, I'm not sure, but I don't think it is because my other pc I made has no trouble connecting so....
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Player login refused

Post by driller »

What is the name of the character?
HeroofPhlan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:08 pm My first day in here I made a Fighter/Bard. Things went smoothly until the next time I tried to log in. When I did so, I got this message:invalid character-player login refused illegal removed spells. I cannot log in with this pc anymore...Note: I have another account on another cpu with the same nwn ee username: In Search of the Unknown . When I first tried to log into BlackStone Keep I could'nt use (In Search of the Unknown) username on my pc's nwn ee account. It may have something to do with that, I'm not sure, but I don't think it is because my other pc I made has no trouble connecting so....
HeroofPhlan
Commoner
Commoner

Post by HeroofPhlan »

Orion Starbinder
HeroofPhlan
Commoner
Commoner

Post by HeroofPhlan »

New user ID (for BSK) is:Chodus
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Do you have any files in your override folder(C:\Users\<Your username>\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override)?

Have you subscribed to items in the Steam workshop?
HeroofPhlan
Commoner
Commoner

Post by HeroofPhlan »

No overrides in override folder but I have subscribed to Steam content.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You might want to try unsubscribing. Create a new character after doing so and I will give you the XP of the old one so you can re-create.
HeroofPhlan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:51 am No overrides in override folder but I have subscribed to Steam content.
HeroofPhlan
Commoner
Commoner

Post by HeroofPhlan »

Sorry about the continuous thread....but when can we both be on the server at the same time? Tonight sometime? What time zone are you in? I'm EST
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Try now. I put your character back to level 1 and gave it the xp it had. Remove the steam subscriptions before logging in.