Animation change ?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Animation change ?

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Last night a character of mine was killed from what I thought was some death magic spell or uber harm spell as it done over 1100 points of damage the animation of the spell looked like death type spell sort shaft of red beam virtically on my character... But in wondering what it was I come to think it was actually a hell ball spell given the huge damage done...

Unfortunately I crashed out at my end before I could even hit the respawn button on the death screen so I have no idea what the spell was in truth no chance to check it after respawn... So my question on this matter is, has there been a change to the animation of not only the likes of hell ball or any others ?

I know years back hell ball was often refered to as "lag ball" as it often crashed either the server or the character targeted with the spell, also if this is the case the change in animation appears at least to me to do as it did in the past (ie. crash out the target of the spell)...

Can I at least have a clarification of such a change in the animation particularly of the hell ball spell if it has been changed that is... I can not think of another single spell that would do 1100 + damage... Logging in to my computer this morning I see the character is at minus 1000 hit points...

Can give more details if required ...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Animation change ?

Post by driller »

It's called harm and you counter it with shadow shield.

The only lag from hell ball would be client side gfx lag. From the server/script point of view, it is basically like a fireball spell.

The hellball spell is no different than any other spell that loops through targets, the only lag would be client side
SkyBlues87 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:29 am Last night a character of mine was killed from what I thought was some death magic spell or uber harm spell as it done over 1100 points of damage the animation of the spell looked like death type spell sort shaft of red beam virtically on my character... But in wondering what it was I come to think it was actually a hell ball spell given the huge damage done...

Unfortunately I crashed out at my end before I could even hit the respawn button on the death screen so I have no idea what the spell was in truth no chance to check it after respawn... So my question on this matter is, has there been a change to the animation of not only the likes of hell ball or any others ?

I know years back hell ball was often refered to as "lag ball" as it often crashed either the server or the character targeted with the spell, also if this is the case the change in animation appears at least to me to do as it did in the past (ie. crash out the target of the spell)...

Can I at least have a clarification of such a change in the animation particularly of the hell ball spell if it has been changed that is... I can not think of another single spell that would do 1100 + damage... Logging in to my computer this morning I see the character is at minus 1000 hit points...

Can give more details if required ...
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Okay thanks its harm then but how did my character get over 110o points of damage ? I thought harm just took a character down to 1d6 or 1d4 of health, and the character concerned has like 195 hit points in total ...

I have to say the animation made me think it was the harm spell but why is the damage so high ?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Where you pickpocketing?
SkyBlues87 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:25 am Okay thanks its harm then but how did my character get over 110o points of damage ? I thought harm just took a character down to 1d6 or 1d4 of health, and the character concerned has like 195 hit points in total ...

I have to say the animation made me think it was the harm spell but why is the damage so high ?
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

No do not even have the ability as at the moment the character is a pure level 25 wizard... It happened from a fight with a bunch of lizard type at the Ty swamp not that far from the new (well at least to me ) boss creature think it is called Azile or close to that spelling... My thought was that maybe someone else had spawned him and ran off leaving him to engage the next target that crossed its path...

Also am completely aware of the lag being at my end this not anything to do with any potential server lag, if I gave that impression it was you have my apologies...