Exploits/Duped Items

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Exploits/Duped Items

Post by driller »

This is just a reminder, this is not aimed any particular person(s).

Bugs are unavoidable, there is no way I can know every outcome of a system I have scripted.

Sometimes this results in an exploit like duping.

To combat this, every item created in Blackstone is assigned a unique id. If an item is duped, then it will have the same id as the original.

Please think about the implications of this.

If you discover an exploit, then let me know what it is. Don't be tempted, just drop the dupe into a trash bin and report the bug.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Re: Exploits/Duped Items

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Personally I do not have any knowledge of duping... Should that situation change I personally would not post such a report on the forum in case others would be tempted to use what I have unintentionally discovered, rather I would send a message to you Driller to avoid such misusage from other players that would or could be tempted to repeat for what ever reason...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

I'm not sure what "duping" means. A quick google suggests it means "duplicating". This I have not seen, I think.
Either way, I'll contact driller in case of finding (and realising it) an exploit.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

It is duplicating in this case particular it is where you may discover a means of mass producing such as a rare or ultra rare item/weapon that gives you a huge financial gain and/or flooding the server with numerous of the same item... It is hard to be more specific than that without expressing a mean to do this... Just I am aware of such a method to do this though am not sure it would even work here on BSK and more likely it would be an accidental discovery but still one should report it to Driller via messaging him so as not to spread such info around to others...

Would also allow Driller to investigate it more fully and find measures to stop such happening again ...
Where there is a will there will be a way...