Custom Content

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Custom Content CEP2/Project Q etc

Yes.
87%
No.
13%

Total votes: 46

Omegon
Baron
Baron

Re: Custom Content

Post by Omegon »

Following on from the voting and recent beamdog updates I would say CEP would be okay. It would allow custom areas to look nicer with placeables and whatnot.

As mechanical/scripting, You can introduce new weapon types that comes from CEP, though it changes the power balance quite heavily in that regard.

Another point to consider is if CEP was put into place, Mobile users would need to install CEP manually which can be done on Android. IOS however is notorious for trying to navigate around in terms of transferring files if NWsync isnt put in.

Initially I voted no, but I have since changed it to a yes but at the caveat of considering the mobile players involved (which can be done with NWsync I think a repository needs to be set up.)
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Well, I have changed my opinion.

CEP will give serious RP advantage and my RP characters will looks much more attractive.

PS: I hope, server has enough margin of safety...
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

I'm always for custom content it adds more flavour to a server. also NWSync makes things so much simpler especially for those who aren't tech savvy enough to manually download and install custom content.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

In fact, NWSync (CEP) has few disadvantages

1. Extra burden for Driller's wallet
2. Some stability issues.
3. Some difficulty for people who have limited/expensive internet (4.5 Go once).

Everything else should be fine.

PS: CEP can be installed manually, but people have already forgotten how to do it, or do not want to do it. So, NWSync became must have.
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

yes yes yes a thousand times yes!
dont care about the placeables..tile-sets..monsters.. i just would like my old clothes and weapon models back! lol
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Gomer II
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Gomer II »

I vote yes. I trust Driller to be judicious and get it right.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Well,

In fact, custom content is great as part of RP.
Sorry, but I don't see a lot of RP on server.
Omegon
Baron
Baron

Post by Omegon »

Giving this a bump, It would be pretty popular and add more to the RP centric idea of customisation.
banginurz
Commoner
Commoner

Post by banginurz »

Omegon wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:54 pm Giving this a bump, It would be pretty popular and add more to the RP centric idea of customisation.
I'm not huge on rp, but after playing on this server and checking out the discord I'm certainly enjoying others' rp. Do it up!
TermNerdy
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TermNerdy »

As a new player? I am cool with custom stuff depending on what it is. So far the way the server is designed works for me, mostly due to the quest systems and whatnot. I am really not sure what custom stuff you would want / need to add really at this point.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

I think most players are fine with most things as long as it comes via NWSync, it's just so easy.