Forgies do ?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Forgies do ?

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Anyone got a list of what forge stones do, I used to have a list myself years ago but mislaid it and there are a few new colours around from back then... I can recall some from back then (9 years plus ago) any advice on this matter would be welcome, just not asking about the new golem forging at this time just the standard list ... Am not in a hurry either am still building my crafter character which should be a wizard 32 / bard 8 around I am guessing the begining of June ...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: Forgies do ?

Post by Cornflower »

"driller has said" that you're supposed to gather that information in game, so if you see me ingame, let me know and I can perhaps sell you some information.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Yeah I know Driller's desire in this matter but it was exactly the same those 9 or so years back yet the player community did exchange the info even then... And back then forgies where a lot easier to come by than they are now... As muted above I have time and am sure I/we can come to some sort of arrangement/trade or other...
Fenrip_Jr
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Fenrip_Jr »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:26 pm Yeah I know Driller's desire in this matter but it was exactly the same those 9 or so years back yet the player community did exchange the info even then... And back then forgies where a lot easier to come by than they are now... As muted above I have time and am sure I/we can come to some sort of arrangement/trade or other...
Correct me if I'm wrong here, and this is not a part of your other convo, just for curiosity, but isn't it much easier to get forgies on this server? I didn't play on NWN 2, but on the original edition I remember playing for a very long time without seeing a forge stone and I don't remember getting them as quest rewards either. I distinctly remember the elation from my first red forge stone and it was one of maybe 4 or 5 total I found over the 2 + years I played. Granted I was only young so maybe my memory is off some.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Am talking of the original NWN not the 2nd incarnation which I played for like 2 hours in total before dropping off my hard disc and re-selling it to acquire a totally different game... I was so frustrated with the game mechanics on NWN 2 for me it was unplayable the loss of point to click operation was a final nail in its coffin... I just could not remember which key to press to achieve what I wanted to do in a given situation...

So I have no real experience of NWN 2 to speak of... You have to also remember that for me my previous experience of BSK was like 9 plus years ago things were quite a bit different back then ...
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

I have played Blackstone for a long time, including 9-10 years ago. I would beg to differ.. I think spread of knowledge is far greater than it was back then. I don’t remember anyone telling me anything, it was a culture of “figure it out yourself” and I can’t tell you how many forge stones I wasted due to that. Blackstone is pretty transparent now in comparison to back then. As Fenrip said as well, the forge stones from quests was not a thing back then either. I would say forge drops are at a decent rate if you consider the additional forge stones acquired from quests. Forge stones drops have ALWAYS been a topic of discussion but at this point I think it’s at a pretty fair and balanced rate. There was a lot of fluctuation back in the day, sometimes forge stones rained. I remember being able to buy a yellow or red for 250k and a blue for 500k. I also remember taking months of grinding to acquire a blue...
all and all, I’d say the way things are is pretty balanced and it shouldn’t be to difficult to acquire the information wanted for forging, keep grinding and communicating with others. Plenty of people willing to help in game these days.
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Been here like 3 months now and have yet to see a blue, yellow or a red drop my way, back then I could go the like of the giant ants for a few hours on a single day and would pick up 16 to 20 forge stones of a variety of colours even found the 2 amber one i ever had in the same day within those few hours at the ants... I never found another it has to be said but I could get 1 or 2 of each of the blue,red, gold, or yellow every time I went to farm the ants...

The other point is even you said back then you could buy the forgies you wanted for the likes of 300 - 500k gold,,,, I do not see anyone selling any forge stones on EE...
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:33 am Been here like 3 months now and have yet to see a blue, yellow or a red drop my way, back then I could go the like of the giant ants for a few hours on a single day and would pick up 16 to 20 forge stones of a variety of colours even found the 2 amber one i ever had in the same day within those few hours at the ants... I never found another it has to be said but I could get 1 or 2 of each of the blue,red, gold, or yellow every time I went to farm the ants...

The other point is even you said back then you could buy the forgies you wanted for the likes of 300 - 500k gold,,,, I do not see anyone selling any forge stones on EE...
I've been playing for a couple of years, found 1 (one) amber stone.

I would never, ever, sell a forgie for gold.

The way I understand it is this: If you go above your CR, there's a higher chance of better loot. If you're in a party, there's a higher chance of better loot. If you go on raids and boss areas, there's a higher chance of better loot.

I have found several yellow, several red the last two weeks, but only one or two blue. But, as stated above, it matters where you run.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Jake_Master wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:19 am ...
all and all, I’d say the way things are is pretty balanced ...
What he said.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

I did state at one point you could buy forge stones for gold, that doesn’t necessarily mean it was right or BALANCED. In my opinion you shouldn’t be able to acquire forge stones significantly easy... it should be a reward not something that is given. At that point your taking away from the value of rare items...and even prior to EE there was a dark dark time where NOTHING DROPPED and that’s not an exaggeration.. I would go lvl 1-40 only finding 3-4 stones.... what I was stating was both ends of the spectrum. For now I would say the server drop rate when considering forge stones from quests is balanced.
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

This was never about balance this is about getting information that I no longer have and am willing to pay for such in game via some trading or such including if you like RP... I should not have engaged in this balance issue so to some degree it has led to this discussion turning into something that was not original required... And yes I am equally to blame by my making comparisons to over 9 years ago...

Please if you aren't willing to at least trade in some way in game then please do not reply and change the subject matter away from my original intention to acquire knowledge of what each forge stone does when applied to either weapon or armour or any other worn item (eg. boots, rings, cloak, ammy, or helms)...
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Cornflower wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:35 am "driller has said" that you're supposed to gather that information in game, so if you see me ingame, let me know and I can perhaps sell you some information.
I'll just repeat this. Find me in game.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)