Golem Forging

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Golem Forging

Post by driller »

1.Should be fixed.
2.Check it now.
3.Nothing I can do about hard coded actions.
4.Nope.
5.Nope.
Synn Blackdagger wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:12 pm Other Notes: [*]Continued[*]

1. The Golem currently gets unsummoned along with the Dragon Knight when its(DK) time is up. Think that shouldn't happen.

2. Think there is a bug with its AB. The Golem(36) stat sheet shows AB 76/71/66, however for some odd reason, when I look at combat logs it only shows 60/55/50.
I've never seen a time when Golem actually got the AB on his stat sheet. To make matters worse, after some time, it gets reduced to 58/53/48 for no apparent reason.
3. I have seem the Golem attempt a normal knockdown. It shows a "Knockdown Hit", but it doesn't take effect & the creature doesn't go down. (Umgah Lancer)
4. Could we access it's backpack, maybe restrict removal of weapon & armor, so folks can Stone of Vor the Golem's weapon?
5. It ended up with an odd number Str/Dex/Cha/Wis, could we maybe round it up? :)
Synn Blackdagger
Knight
Knight

Post by Synn Blackdagger »

Hey Driller,

So we have another Golem up and running now, pretty pleased with that one too.
A few quirks that continue to remain. Would like to bring them up as I'm pretty sure they're not meant to work that way.

1. The Golem gets unsummoned whenever you have any other summon active that dies, is deliberately unsummoned, is unsummoned by a boss.
(i) For example, I call the Golem then I call my familiar. With both active, I unsummon my familiar. BOTH vanish.
(ii) Another, I call the Golem, then I cast BBOD. The blade runs up to boss, gets struck by boss and unsummons. BOTH vanish.
2. Angar the Dracolich King auto unsummons the Golem on hit. Not sure that's the intended idea.
3. The Golem (39) often attempts Power Attacks and Imp. Power Attacks which gimp its AB quite drastically during fights. Can we remove that feat. altogether from its arsenal? Golem (36) still does that every now and then I think, but it seems to occur less.
4. Can we start the Golem with its howl toggled OFF. The PC has to enable the feature ON before it howls. With certain fights occurring in confined spaces, on entry, the Golem howls which blocks movement, gets flat-footed and is one-hit KOed while howling, or howls at the first thing solo mob it sees when the mass horde still a distance away.

5. Any option to deconstruct Golem and reclaim weapons/armor you think?

Thanks!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

1.That's strange. I will do some testing.
2.I will think about this. But, I did remove all built in damage immunities so a mage will do more than one point of damage now.
His health was increased to compensate.
3.I will remove these feats.
4.The easiest thing to do would be to remove it or change it to an on hit chance.
5.Once forged, always forged. I would suggest thinking carefully before forging, as it is permanent. You can always make a new one and overwrite it.

Synn Blackdagger wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:08 am Hey Driller,

So we have another Golem up and running now, pretty pleased with that one too.
A few quirks that continue to remain. Would like to bring them up as I'm pretty sure they're not meant to work that way.

1. The Golem gets unsummoned whenever you have any other summon active that dies, is deliberately unsummoned, is unsummoned by a boss.
(i) For example, I call the Golem then I call my familiar. With both active, I unsummon my familiar. BOTH vanish.
(ii) Another, I call the Golem, then I cast BBOD. The blade runs up to boss, gets struck by boss and unsummons. BOTH vanish.
2. Angar the Dracolich King auto unsummons the Golem on hit. Not sure that's the intended idea.
3. The Golem (39) often attempts Power Attacks and Imp. Power Attacks which gimp its AB quite drastically during fights. Can we remove that feat. altogether from its arsenal? Golem (36) still does that every now and then I think, but it seems to occur less.
4. Can we start the Golem with its howl toggled OFF. The PC has to enable the feature ON before it howls. With certain fights occurring in confined spaces, on entry, the Golem howls which blocks movement, gets flat-footed and is one-hit KOed while howling, or howls at the first thing solo mob it sees when the mass horde still a distance away.

5. Any option to deconstruct Golem and reclaim weapons/armor you think?

Thanks!
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

I haven't tested the new Dracolich DI but just lowering Magical DI to 0 should be enough. IGMS and Sunburst would both be useful then, and since it has level 4 spell immunity there aren't many other useful damage spells.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will consider removing the spell immunity, but I need to be careful of this because of the cheesy things like casting invisibitily on the mob.

There are enough exploits right now that players are using, I don't want to reintroduce one.
Yunim wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:57 am I haven't tested the new Dracolich DI but just lowering Magical DI to 0 should be enough. IGMS and Sunburst would both be useful then, and since it has level 4 spell immunity there aren't many other useful damage spells.
Synn Blackdagger
Knight
Knight

I like the On-hit howl, I think it gives the golem a unique angle.
But I hope it:
(i) Doesn't mess up any other on-hits the weapon its forged with currently has.
(ii) Doesn't interfere with its attack animation. (ie. It keeps its current APR count and not lose APR just to howl)

Could we also get some guidance on what if....
1. We use a ranged weapon that doesn't have unlimited ammo.
2. We gave it point blank just for good measure
3. We use alignment specific items/class specific items to craft the golem. The items may stick, but will the abilities/features of the weapon/armor stick?
4.We gave it for example a Kronos Blade. Will the Golem activate the timestop on the item?
5. It gets disarmed??!! It has terrible Disc. (We tried though...no success but what if?)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

1.No ammo, means it wouldn't work. The Golem isn't designed to be a ranged attacker.
2.See 1.
3.I wouldn't use specific alignment gear.
4.No.
5.It can't, any gear forged with the golem is set not to drop.
Synn Blackdagger wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:15 pm I like the On-hit howl, I think it gives the golem a unique angle.
But I hope it:
(i) Doesn't mess up any other on-hits the weapon its forged with currently has.
(ii) Doesn't interfere with its attack animation. (ie. It keeps its current APR count and not lose APR just to howl)

Could we also get some guidance on what if....
1. We use a ranged weapon that doesn't have unlimited ammo.
2. We gave it point blank just for good measure
3. We use alignment specific items/class specific items to craft the golem. The items may stick, but will the abilities/features of the weapon/armor stick?
4.We gave it for example a Kronos Blade. Will the Golem activate the timestop on the item?
5. It gets disarmed??!! It has terrible Disc. (We tried though...no success but what if?)
Synn Blackdagger
Knight
Knight

Hey Driller,

In light of the Golem introduction, it seems that our poor Epic Spell: Dragon Knight has not only been downgraded to a Tier 2 mob bruiser, he also seemed to have taken a slight nerf bat to the face.

What do you think about giving it Haste? It's timer extended / or removed completely to balance it out?
I fear there will be a lot of re-rolling and we'll never see him in play again if he remains as is.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

the dragon knight got a little something that the golem definitively doesn't have. I'll let you guess what but again certain class, the knight is a big plus.
my 2 cents

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Darkvizor
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Darkvizor »

Just got my golem parts plan to forge. Tomorrow. Any advice?
Synn Blackdagger
Knight
Knight

Some folks made an elemental resist golem.
Some made a DPS golem. Yet others played around with On-Hit effects.
I heard that there are others building a Longbow golem.

What did you want your golem to do?
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

Any chance sorcerers will get the same ability?
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Synn Blackdagger
Knight
Knight

I would definitely back that idea wholeheartedly.

If we look at how a spell slinging sorc & wiz plays in a PVM situation, they're very identical.
Some can argue that sorcs have it a little tougher because of a limited spell selection, others argue that wizards have fewer spell slots but...if you build right and gear up, I'm of the opinion that the differences are minor.

That said, given that both play pretty similarly against current boss content, it makes total sense for Sorcs to have a henchman companion too. Why gimp their DPS output just because they went Charisma over Intel?
Sorc's need some love too.

If Golems must remain Wiz only because it fits with current lore, then we seriously need to look at some creative options to compensate caster druids & sorcs. They have to be made [*]viable if BSK intends to remain RP-lite.

No one likes to contribute to the community, play for a month, then realize that "oops, you mean druids spells suck here?"
We might as well just call it a power gaming server. Min/Max only, copy paste forum builds. Everyone just follow instructions blindly.

Where is the fun in thaaaat?
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

how about that

Rod of seven parts...(yes i know, haha) , find all 7 parts, combine them, allow you to summon an outsider, could be alignment related or a fix one, could be fit with armor/weapon too.
That way, would still support the class, sorc get their power from outside sources, wiz from studying and crafting.
Sorcerers would have their own henchman and it would be different enough from the wizards's golems that way.

just an idea like that

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Don't just stop there, druids and rangers need some armored war beasts too!