Golem Forging

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Golem Forging

Post by driller »

I am not sure, never saw that. If that is the case, then it would be a game engine thing. I can easily work around it though.

bthorns wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:39 am I made a golem recently and found that the haste I forged on a weapon did not haste the golem. I am assuming that it only works if haste is on the armor?

Are there any other weird rules like that?
Gohaken
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Gohaken »

Hiya Driller,

Does armor item level always get priority over weapon item level when determining Golem level? Or do modified items somehow not count or get de-prioritized?

I forged a golem yesterday with a level 39 weapon and level 26 armor, and the golem came out level 26. The weapon is a deadite item, socketed, and I cast continual flame on it for the lulz. The armor is a hellforged item unmodified.

Thanks,

-Gohaken
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Continual flame sets the weapon to plot, with makes it iLevel 0. That is what happened.
Gohaken wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:58 am Hiya Driller,

Does armor item level always get priority over weapon item level when determining Golem level? Or do modified items somehow not count or get de-prioritized?

I forged a golem yesterday with a level 39 weapon and level 26 armor, and the golem came out level 26. The weapon is a deadite item, socketed, and I cast continual flame on it for the lulz. The armor is a hellforged item unmodified.

Thanks,

-Gohaken
Gohaken
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Gohaken »

Ahhh, ok, got it.

Is there any way to undo/remove that property?

Thanks,

-Gohaken
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Nope.
Gohaken wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:53 am Ahhh, ok, got it.

Thanks,

-Gohaken
Gohaken
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Gohaken »

ok thanks.

It’s a non-obvious trap for newer players like me.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It was an unlikely situation. I have added a check to make sure it won't happen again.
driller wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:26 pm Nope.
Gohaken wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:53 am Ahhh, ok, got it.

Thanks,

-Gohaken
Gohaken
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Gohaken »

ok thank you :-)
Iceborg1307
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Iceborg1307 »

driller wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:09 pm The whole purpose of the Golem was to allow Wizards to have a strong endgame summon. Not allow a player to take the minimum 5 Wizard levels and the rest some other class and still get the high level Golem.

To control a level 40 Golem, you need a 40 level Wizard.

To make a Golem of the correct level, you need to make sure neither the weapon or armor are greater than the Wizard's class level.

This is a screw-up on my part.

To rectify this, I will refund your gold, golem parts and forged weapon/armor if you are having this issue.

I will need your login account and player name.
heyhey, jst asking but would it be possible for a epic level wizard to have full level scaling on golem? i dont follow the OP builds and like to make my own builds, i have 23 levels in wizard class and considered a epic wizard, so what im asking is can epic level wizards get some love on the golem?, its not like its 5 levels of wizard and its the majority of my levels. its no biggie just asking, i get why it wont scale for low level wizards but 23 is not low level, as said i got the epic wizard feat. :P

i spent time farming the golem and was a bit underwhelmed by him when forging. :(
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It does scale, in your PC's case up to level 23. Did you put at least level 23 items on the golem?
Iceborg1307 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:33 pm
driller wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:09 pm The whole purpose of the Golem was to allow Wizards to have a strong endgame summon. Not allow a player to take the minimum 5 Wizard levels and the rest some other class and still get the high level Golem.

To make a Golem of the correct level, you need to make sure neither the weapon or armor are greater than the Wizard's class level.

This is a screw-up on my part.

To rectify this, I will refund your gold, golem parts and forged weapon/armor if you are having this issue.

I will need your login account and player name.
heyhey, jst asking but would it be possible for a epic level wizard to have full level scaling on golem? i dont follow the OP builds and like to make my own builds, i have 23 levels in wizard class and considered a epic wizard, so what im asking is can epic level wizards get some love on the golem?, its not like its 5 levels of wizard and its the majority of my levels. its no biggie just asking, i get why it wont scale for low level wizards but 23 is not low level, as said i got the epic wizard feat. :P

i spent time farming the golem and was a bit underwhelmed by him when forging. :(
Iceborg1307
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Iceborg1307 »

yes, i followed the info on here, im level 40 aswell but not all wizard levels. first i tried to make him higher level but that did not work, said he is restricted to higher levels of wizard, remade him with level 23 items, but he aint very good in lvl 40 areas >.<, its np was just asking about full scaling for epic wizard levels only. its fine. sorry if i was not clear on that, or am i doing something wrong when forging ?

or perhaps he can count any caster levels towards his scaling if PC is into epic wizard levels ? people may laugh but im 15 cleric / 2 monk / 23 wizard lol its a funny build, i have access to every cleric heal :P with healing domain to haha
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is as said in the quote.
Dragadoth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dragadoth »

Have the drops chances to golem parts been amended by any chance? Been a week farming in a certain Level III place and havn't got a arm yet, got 4 hearts, and plenty of all the others bits.... but no arms.... am I just cursed?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No change. It is bad luck.
Gomer II
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Gomer II »

Suggestion:

I have an Outsider Wizard. The Golem forger ignores all her attempts to forge a golem (as is the curse of her kind).

I could rebuild her as a sorcerer and birth a Slaad. But this seems an unfair restriction for Outsider mages.

And it would be a fun challenge to forge a golem with only the items she finds. And it’s a significant disadvantage for The Outsider Wizard not to have a golem.

Any chance the Golem forger in Bordermarch could be altered to speak with Outsiders? Or maybe Bast could offer the service at her alter?

Thanks for considering.
Gomer