Reminder about RP and PvP

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reminder about RP and PvP

Post by driller »

It's ok to try and RP and demand gold for things like using the Forge or allowing someone to access an area.

But remember, if the person you are trying to engage with doesn't want to, then back off and go on your way. Some people just don't want to RP, respect their wishes.

Don't make me start enforcing this.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reminder about RP and PvP

Post by driller »

I think this needs to be re-stated due do various things that are happening on the server. I don't wont to deal with the he said, she said drama.

Before engaging in any hostile behavior*, send a tell explaining yourself and make sure the recipient wants to RP this.
It's o.k. to have factions against one another, but make sure everyone is on the same page first.

*Setting another player to dislike, attacking and/or threatening them etc...
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

How do we report someone for harassment and unwarranted PVP?

Username: Matheusck98 attacked and killed me upon server reset while I was looking at the vendor in Blackrose Stronghold without saying nor asking if I was interested. No roleplay, just summoning something, setting me to dislike, attacking and killing me. I took screenshots as well if you need them.

Thank you in advance for your help.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The Blackrose Stronghold is a open pvp(lawless) area. The act of entering the area is consent to PvP.

Please read the Server Introduction and guidelines:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=226
bthorns wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:26 pm How do we report someone for harassment and unwarranted PVP?

Username: Matheusck98 attacked and killed me upon server reset while I was looking at the vendor in Blackrose Stronghold without saying nor asking if I was interested. No roleplay, just summoning something, setting me to dislike, attacking and killing me. I took screenshots as well if you need them.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Catopillar
Baron
Baron

Post by Catopillar »

Could a warning be put in game? Maybe a sign by the entrance. New people often have to find out the hard way.
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

Yeah, good idea Catopillar. Personally, it doesn't make sense to me, but I am sure there must be a reason. I would have thought the arena would be the place for that sort of thing.

Honestly, there would have been no way I would have found that information. I stopped reading at the RP and PVP rules area. Perhaps move that section at the end about the area into the paragraphs pertaining to RP and PVP.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I added a warning sign, But, every player should read the rules to avoid being surprised.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

As you may know, there's a shop there that sells a bunch of items that randomize every reset. The idea is to fight over that shop. Some of the items in the shop are useful to players while others are useless. If you plan on going right after reset, be prepared to fight to the death. Or use other means to stay alive. Good luck.
bthorns wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:36 pm Personally, it doesn't make sense to me, but I am sure there must be a reason.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

driller wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:20 pm I added a warning sign, But, every player should read the rules to avoid being surprised.

Not seen this sign anywhere outside the underdark enterence nor the portal room to blackrose fortress ...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It will be there after the reset.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:15 pm
driller wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:20 pm I added a warning sign, But, every player should read the rules to avoid being surprised.

Not seen this sign anywhere outside the underdark enterence nor the portal room to blackrose fortress ...