Bladecaster being replaced

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
TedRo
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Bladecaster being replaced

Post by TedRo »

driller wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:04 pm The katana will have a unique on hit property that will have a 1d6 chance of firing. It will stun vulnerable enemies 1d2 rounds, plus it will do magic damage(PCs level + 5) and heal 10% of the PCs hitpoints.

PC's total level or number of Bladeweaver levels?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Total number.
TedRo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:58 pm
driller wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:04 pm The katana will have a unique on hit property that will have a 1d6 chance of firing. It will stun vulnerable enemies 1d2 rounds, plus it will do magic damage(PCs level + 5) and heal 10% of the PCs hitpoints.

PC's total level or number of Bladeweaver levels?
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Do the number of arcane caster levels affect the sword or only the overall player level?
For example, would a Wizard 3 / Fighter 37 have the same weapon as a Wizard 38 / Fighter 2?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is the total level of your PC, the spellcaster levels are not used.

In both of your examples, the damage would be 45 magical.
Yunim wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:11 am Do the number of arcane caster levels affect the sword or only the overall player level?
For example, would a Wizard 3 / Fighter 37 have the same weapon as a Wizard 38 / Fighter 2?
Ashara
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Ashara »

How do you get another Elf Blade?

Also, the item isn't defaulted as a socketed item I'm assuming that's intentional which means at the start we can really only have it as a +5 weapon with nothing else as "On Hit" abilities don't stack, so spells that would be good for a Spell-blade like Flame Weapon or Darkfire don't work, kind of disappointing, it ultimately forces one to use a Socketed Katana early as it's just better for consistent damage.

Though now that it's +5, how do I get another one? So I can use a forge stone to make it +20 instead?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You only get one. If something happened to it, you will get another on level up. You cannot dual wield.
You can remove the +5 at the same place you obtained it.
Ashara wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:03 pm How do you get another Elf Blade?

Also, the item isn't defaulted as a socketed item I'm assuming that's intentional which means at the start we can really only have it as a +5 weapon with nothing else as "On Hit" abilities don't stack, so spells that would be good for a Spell-blade like Flame Weapon or Darkfire don't work, kind of disappointing, it ultimately forces one to use a Socketed Katana early as it's just better for consistent damage.

Though now that it's +5, how do I get another one? So I can use a forge stone to make it +20 instead?
Zen-Ben
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zen-Ben »

Hmm, did you change anything with that class or am I just bugged?
I actually got 3 elfblades but two of them only hit with spellweaver effect lvl1and the 3rd doesnt have the effect at all.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

They are two different classes. Bladeweaver had superseded the Bladecaster. Only the Bladeweaver has a special on hit function.
Zen-Ben
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zen-Ben »

driller wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:06 pm They are two different classes. Bladeweaver had superseded the Bladecaster. Only the Bladeweaver has a special on hit function.
Ahm right, i was talking of my bladeweaver. Die elfblade doesnt upgrade though.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

**Updated erroneous info**

The Elfbade's ability is based on your PC's level. The blade itself does not level like the old Bladecaster one did.

The Elf blade's on hit ability has a 1d6 chance of firing. The ability does the following:

1.Magic damage is applied to the target based on the PCs level + 5.
2.Effectstun 1d2 turns.
3.Lifesteal 10%.

Another 1d6 is rolled and one of the following effects is applied:

1.EffectDominated
2.EffectDeath
3.EffectSlow
4.EffectCurse
5.EffectDamage //additional damage same amount as above.
6.EffectPoison
Zen-Ben
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zen-Ben »

So did i get that right:
While you only get one elfblade you are supposed to run a compltely vanilla weapon till you are able to improve it by crafting?
That seems to lock the class for everyone new.
Proposal: Make the elf blade sockelted. So it can grow with the Player progress. As soon as your blade is obsolet you can trash it and get a new one by leveling with an empty sockel.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have just leveled a Bladeweaver to 37 and have not had any issues.
Zen-Ben wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:06 am So did i get that right:
While you only get one elfblade you are supposed to run a compltely vanilla weapon till you are able to improve it by crafting?
That seems to lock the class for everyone new.
Proposal: Make the elf blade sockelted. So it can grow with the Player progress. As soon as your blade is obsolet you can trash it and get a new one by leveling with an empty sockel.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

You can forge your blade with a few stones at really low level which help a lot, you just have to make one to help you level up and one for when you reach lev40 or modify the one you already are using.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

My Bladeweaver just picked up Bladecaster full plate and can't use it. Is that a bug, or are we going to see Bladeweaver full plate?

Thanks!

Vestrit
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Are you saying he can't equip it?