Bladecaster being replaced

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Re: Bladecaster being replaced

Post by Vestrit »

Yes. It says that only Bladecasters can use it.

Vestrit
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Must be some on equip code I had forgotten about. I will change it.
Vestrit wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:47 am Yes. It says that only Bladecasters can use it.

Vestrit
noctem93
Commoner
Commoner

Post by noctem93 »

Super n00b here. I just started a Bladeweaver after reading this forum. Around level 4 or 5 I found a second "Elf blade" in a random loot drop. It was socketed, Keen, and did Massive Criticals. Tasty, but it doesn't have the on-hit Special Ability.

So now I have 2 Elf blades, the one I got when I met the Bladeweaver requirements and this second one I found. Now that I've socketed it, it's even better than when I first picked it up. This second one is so much better than my actual Elf blade that I've been using it even though it doesn't proc on-hit; but I want it to since it's titled as an Elf blade, not a Katana.

I've got a couple of questions about this. What can I do for this second Elf blade to supersede the first one I got and pick up the Elf blade property? Do I need to get rid of my first "vanilla" elf blade for this second one to get the special item properties? Or is that second one really just a katana? I didn't think I could get a second elf blade after reading the info in this thread, so I sure was surprised and excited that the item's description said Elf blade, not katana. Is that just what katanas are named when someone plays a Bladeweaver, even if it isn't an actual Elf blade?

I'm hoping this second one is in fact an Elf blade, not just a katana with the wrong name, but if not I'd like to know so I can decide which weapon I should actually be using. Thanks for reading my novel. haha.
Justian Fryar - Order of Jormungandr (Druid/Cleric/Monk)
Gwynn Fryar - Warsinger of Gwynharwyf (Barbarian/Bard/CoT)
Qelmon Jivardi - Bladeweaver (Wiz/Ftr/PM)
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Hey, you must have gotten that special weapon from a boss loot. It take on the name of the weapon who kill it. So it's not a true elf blade, it will never gain the on-hit.
If you are dual wielding, it make a nice off-hand weapon, bladeweavers can only wield one katana with their on-hit anyway.

You can get multiple basic elven blades if you need more along the way.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
noctem93
Commoner
Commoner

Post by noctem93 »

Thanks, Mask! That helps make sense of what was going on with that second blade. I forget who dropped it, but I remember it was definitely a low-level boss-fight. Maybe the Shrine Guardian at the first shrine? Anyway, I'll put it in my left hand and see what happens. I've been using a kukri to minimize off-hand penalty, but now that I'm leveling and starting to have a not-too-terrible AB I might swing dual katanas and see if I can hit anything. Gods know it will hurt like hell when I do land those hits!
Justian Fryar - Order of Jormungandr (Druid/Cleric/Monk)
Gwynn Fryar - Warsinger of Gwynharwyf (Barbarian/Bard/CoT)
Qelmon Jivardi - Bladeweaver (Wiz/Ftr/PM)
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

My Bladeweaver now have two sets of Bladecaster full plate that it won't me use. ;) Is there Bladeweaver full plate?

Thanks for all your work driller!

Vestrit
Beezlebub
Baron
Baron

Post by Beezlebub »

driller wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:49 am You can dual wield, but the effect is only active on one blade.
You can add enhancement.
Yes.
It is automatic. The item is plot to avoid exploits. But, it's real value will be taken into account when forging.
Cornflower wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:31 am Is there a way to get a second bladeweaving Katana if you're dual-weilding? (I know it's not optimal with a STR-based weapon, but for coolness....)

Can you ask the angry dwarf to add enchantment bonus to your Katana?

Can you use Forge stones to add stuff to the Katana? (This might require you letting a Forger have your katana for a while. Traumatic to lend someone your weapon, but still.)

Is there a way to get a new katana if you lose your magic katana due to disarm or Pick-pocketing?

Also, can I just say: Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!! A magic Katana! Wheeeee!!!!
thats perfect scripting but can it duel Leech since you can +6 each max vamp on each hand repectively in normal games.