Multiple Player Character's controlled by One Person

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Multiple Player Character's controlled by One Person

Post by Capt Cliff »

I think everyone has seen these multiple "toons" being run by one account. Not sure how it's done but it is a bit disconcerting to see up to 4 toons following one toon around like ducklings. But if Admin don't have a problem with this farming of the loot drop system then neither do I. But I would like to ask these multi-player players to try an keep the portal area in the temple free of their "crowds". Sometimes it is very hard to access the portal with all the toons standing around waiting to be buffed. So please show some courtesy, ok? IMHO this also looks bad for new players that one guy is farming the loot chests.

Oh, one more thing. I am not a computer expert but can this running 4 or 5 toons off of one PC having any affect on lag?? I am almost positive they don't have a PC for each toon. The Lag is bad enough without possibly making it worst.

Ok, I said my piece. Have a nice day ...
Grumples
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Multiple Player Character's controlled by One Person

Post by Grumples »

Agreed. It's very annoying to walk in to the pawn shop and be swarmed by clones just milling about doing absolutely nothing. Park those things out of the way somewhere when you're gonna go afk, at the very least.

The RP'er in me also has to roll my eyes at the lame naming of them as well. What's next? 8 characters with multiple X's before and after their names? lol

But yeah.... /rant
Eithné Moonbow, Newt, Gwen of Clan Verituza, Anethe Ebonscorn
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/d ... 085773480/

........lol that's how I did it cliff. You and Your two CD Keys are what thought me how to do it......bit a double stereo type don't ya think there You and Grumples BOTH use two CD keys weather its Dual screening or just using 2 computers with 2 different keys its the same thing! Also you can attack my names all you want but, its from THE most popular Anime in the U.S. . So just because you don't like them doesn't mean I don't and, that's all that matters to me. So to each there own. This is the only response i'm gonna make on this waste of a forum page I (in my opinion).....I'll make sure not to go afk in a neutral zones at the portal but, as far as the No Pvp areas you can move anyone out of your way to get where you need and cliff your over exaggerating this a bit in the name of crowds btw your in my favorite spot in the temple afk all the time with your second account. So that WAS the spot I always used until you started using it. I don't say anything to you about it. I just understand as a Adult would, that to each there own. Honestly I see you leave that char standing around and all I can think of is how much of a waste it is not to use it other than buffing. Btw you can move anyone out of your way in a party zone so nothing is blocked and no one is kept from doing anything that's ALL just operator error on your part if you never tried clicking the portal and YES you can I just tested over and over. And guess what it shoves my characters out of the way! Just like at Vogons! That game feature is in there for a REASON. Lets not forget the most obvious thing here I actually went out of my way to spend $60 to buy 4 accounts to do this and it is a lot more work than you people (meaning your normal group of 4 that like to attack me over this) think. Its not easy to run 4 characters around and level them all together. You try to make it sounds like I just run them around under follow all day but, that's not it at all trust me every char carries there own weight so to speak.

It also doesn't affect the lag at all its actually 1 SINGLE person can cause all that lag.Trust me I had one person log in and that person make me lose a Amber Forge stone in the barter menu so yeah its not me. And no it doens't have any more affect on the server than what having 4 other poeople online would do.

.....and btw thats a "S" in front of my name not "X" if your gonna make fun of me please do it correctly :)
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Grumples
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Grumples »

haha Easy there. I was mostly just having a go at you, not attacking you. No need to get so riled up over it.

Thanks for agreeing to not afk near portals though, that was my main issue. Other than that, I don't care if you run 50 character at once. :D

PS. I still think the names are silly :P (But as you said, to each their own)

Cheers
Eithné Moonbow, Newt, Gwen of Clan Verituza, Anethe Ebonscorn
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

One thing about this is that it's not an exploit or taking advantage of a bug.

You do have to purchase the game for each account.

One great thing about this game/server is many different styles of game play can coexist at the same time. Many different game styles going on and as long as someone's not grieving other players there should be no problem.

I play one way, you play another and that's perfectly ok.
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

The only thing I worry with something like this is the exploitation of the loot chests, instead of a toon getting 1 chest you have 1 person getting 4-5 chests meaning they are getting 4-5x’s more loot

Granted the person did buy all of the accounts, I guess the question is if the person is actively involved with each character and not just farming to forge up other toons or simply obtain lots of loot. Obviously people x-fer gear which is similar but most people lvl or play that 1 character at a time and getting 1 loot drop at a time, whereas in this case multiply that by 4-5
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
gniht
Knight
Knight

Post by gniht »

This is why I think it's wrong:

1. Multiple accounts allows access to content clearly designed to be party-only, and therefore is an exploit in the sense that it completely side-steps this intent without requiring another player.

2. Multiple accounts allows transportation conveniences that are meant to be available only to friends working together in-game.

3. The experience loss system is clearly designed as it is (substantial loss if not resurrected, no loss if you are) to encourage party play. Running multiple accounts obviously dodges the intended effect of this design element.

4. It's not available to everyone in that it's gated by availability of real life funds with which to purchase additional accounts. I, for one, cannot afford to spend money on this even if I wanted to, so in a sense it's also pay to win.

5. Finally, multiple accounts allows acquisition of additional loot per chest because each account present can loot a box. While it's unlikely that many simultaneous accounts can be played effectively, I would estimate that a person running four accounts probably gets at least double the loot of somebody with a single account. Of all these, it is this which bothers me the most.

I think this is a tough problem to deal with because some friends and/or couples who live together also play together and so simply limiting to one account per ip isn't really a good solution.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Are these guys actually playing multiple characters at the same time or just parking the extras someplace and doing all the work with one?

If its the first one, bravo on having such excellent multitasking skills. Unless you hve software to uave them act like henchmen or something, then thats definitely cheating.
If its the latter, they aren’t really doing anything and are really more like pack mules and loot leeches so thats all we’d need to adjust for, specifically the multi-looting.

That said, please dont lock by IP. I have two keys and occasionally the missus will jump on with me.
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

This sorta thing has always been going on. and not just in this game. so whats the big deal? and why even care?
#1 If you got money to burn on multiple copies of this game/keys - its your money, have fun.
#2 If you need more than one character to Buff/loot farm/..etc - i don't see the point personally.
I've solo'd the entire server to level 40 like 100+ times with no help..but how you do it doesn't bother me in the least.

In the big scheme of things this kinda of stuff doesn't even rate a yawn.
Play the game, file this stuff under "none of my business" and just move on.

*huggles*
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Grumples wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:49 pm haha Easy there. I was mostly just having a go at you, not attacking you. No need to get so riled up over it.

Thanks for agreeing to not afk near portals though, that was my main issue. Other than that, I don't care if you run 50 character at once. :D

PS. I still think the names are silly :P (But as you said, to each their own)

Cheers
I'm sorry about my rant as well, sadly you can't tell tone in posts and I didn't read yours correctly. Its cool and everyones got there own unique hobbies/shows they love to enjoy. One of my all time favorites just happens to be Dragon Ball Z and who says i'm gonna try and rp them like those chars? Lol just like Duo Maxwell (Hes from Gundam Wing) I only use the name.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Kane0 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:43 am Are these guys actually playing multiple characters at the same time or just parking the extras someplace and doing all the work with one?

If its the first one, bravo on having such excellent multitasking skills. Unless you hve software to uave them act like henchmen or something, then thats definitely cheating.
If its the latter, they aren’t really doing anything and are really more like pack mules and loot leeches so thats all we’d need to adjust for, specifically the multi-looting.

That said, please dont lock by IP. I have two keys and occasionally the missus will jump on with me.
yessir I'm one guy playing 4 accounts normally I use the follow command to keep things in order but, they dont just stand there lol they can't there all planned to level together. And thank you for the compliment its not as easy as most tend to think it is.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
gniht
Knight
Knight

Post by gniht »

Kane0 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:43 am Are these guys actually playing multiple characters at the same time or just parking the extras someplace and doing all the work with one?

Kane0-

If you haven't already, read my earlier response in this thread. It's most definitely exploitative if you contemplate the way in which content is designed on this server. I agree regarding the ip lock issue, I don't think that's a good solution.
Rakash
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Rakash »

I think a real issue with this is, what if that person who is running multiple accounts then uses those multiple characters to pk another person. How would situations like this be resolved? Clearly they are at a power advantage ganging up on 1 person with 2 or more accounts.
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

Ive known wing since ‘04 and never once have i seen him even attempt to pk someone. Hes always either rped with that person to which it mightve caused an issue ic...or settled things in the arena to which both people have to agree to the terms of pvp. So no i dont believe he would ever consider using his multi accounts to engage in pking anybody.
-Lady Sabel
Graves
Baron
Baron

Post by Graves »

*raises hand*

I was PKed by all 4 of his accounts just the other day. All I did was say quad-boxing through group content was lame in your discord channel. He took that as a personal attack somehow and decided to lash out by killing my single character with his 4 in Shalnath (not an RP reason, definitely out-of-game beef).

https://imgur.com/a/KyPLpnx

https://imgur.com/a/OfOBjcs