for the fallen

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

monrast
Commoner
Commoner

for the fallen

Post by monrast »

Just wonderd if some handy DM might do me a short term favor.
My grandad passed lastnight. Ted Swarbrick, Age 87, WWII combat engineer, survived by 3 sons, 4 daughters and more grandchilderen than i can count.
Just wonderd if someone could plant a temp blossoming tree somewhere for people to see.
A sign too maybe 'for those taken from us, fondly rememberd by those left behind' or something.

Cheers.

The penguins stand silently heads bowed.
G_n_S_Penzance
Knight
Knight

Re: for the fallen

Post by G_n_S_Penzance »

I am sorry for your loss :(
I don't know if this will help, but I did put in one of these in the Isle of the Freefolks, a couple years ago.

If you go to the lighthouse, and look around near it, you will find it, with a kneeling spot as well.
--Pemmyton the Arcitect.
--Veri ( Pemmyton's pixie familiar )
monrast
Commoner
Commoner

Post by monrast »

Thanks for the concideration.

Not quite the ideal focus for him (he was a keen gardener and a lot of my memories is are of his garden in bloom, i recall seeing a tree in the sets that remins me of it, a sort of pink blossom cherry tree) but your suggestion was very welcome and appreciated, and the place peacefull and contemplative.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

My sincere condolences. I know he'll be greatly missed by you and your loving family.
monrast
Commoner
Commoner

Post by monrast »

Thankyou to all those who have given me their condolences, it has been much appreciated.
Also thankyou to whoever placed the tree.
I feel like i'm in the company of friends, all stood at my shoulder.
Thankyou.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

I'll say a prayer for you and your families loss. I would also like to extend my thanks to your grandfather for his service in this countries time of need.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

hey dude-

Gratz to your grandad for serving his country in one of its greatest hours of need. A combat engineer no less- one of the toughest, grittiest and most thankless jobs in the Army. Only the very best became one. My grandad past 6 years ago and was a WWII vet too.

May he rest in peace.

Sarge
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

:(
I am sorry for your loss,
:(
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
monrast
Commoner
Commoner