Where did everyone go?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Alter Fritz
Baron
Baron

Where did everyone go?

Post by Alter Fritz »

Just got back from working out of town for 2 weeks, and there are 0/40 on BSK. Whats going on? Where did everyone go? Surely with all the new DMs and new guilds there would be a ton of folks on. What is happening to BSK?
Frankenstein doesn't scare me...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where did everyone go?

Post by driller »

NWN is getting old. Except for a few exceptions, I have noticed that most servers have dropped in population.
I think retirement will be here soon.

-driller
Alter Fritz wrote:Just got back from working out of town for 2 weeks, and there are 0/40 on BSK. Whats going on? Where did everyone go? Surely with all the new DMs and new guilds there would be a ton of folks on. What is happening to BSK?
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

I know atleast 5 people including me who are on BSK everyday... Yes NWN is dieing but its not dead yet. by the way PLEASE DONT SHUT BSK DOWN!
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Evening approaches in the Dark Forest...

Thanks
-driller
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

NWN will have to go ... eventually as new operating systems come on line, NWN1 will have trouble running on them. The problem with NWN2 is I/O and the cost of three expansion games to make it ok is a bit much. That's 90 big ones. Some people can't afford that. It did pick up tonight, Sat the 11th, but I was alone on the server Friday morning for and hour or more. We need regular DM involvement and not just on the forum.
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Post by XDragonDoomX »

I am wired in most days - as people are aware.
At present we have lost a few to WoW, NWN2 & other NWN1 servers I know. However there is often a good number logged in over the weekends (some weekdays can be surprisingly well populated too).

As regards NWN2. I know quite a few people cannot run it - due to the level of gfx card required. I also know some that will not run it, even if their gfx card can handle it (myself included). I disliked NWN2 so much, I physically shredded my disk, and will definitely not be shelling out for another copy, nor the expansions for it. (nor will I be going to Disneyla..err..WoW).

I realise NWN1 is a finite thing, however, BSK does still have a good following. I will continue to back BSK 100%.
C'mon! get behind it, log in, hack & slash!, RP!, play! enjoy!
139. My bard is required to take levels in the perform skill and cannot 'just play by ear'

2. A one man band is not an appropriate bard instrument.

26. Valley speak has no place in a fantasy setting. Especially if you're the paladin.
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

Post by Kamileon »

-
I for one, am here nearly every day. I love BSK and would hate to see it close down to move to NwN 2. The issues in 2 may have been fixed, but for me, it's a poor substistute of the real NwN game. I have gone to the BSK2 back when it first went there and was disgusted, not by bsk, of course, but the game module itself. I even tried other servers to be sure it was the game module causing me the grief and yes, it was.

If it is at all possible, I would like to see BSK keep running here in the real NwN. It had fluctuation of players before and came back to a lot again. I've seen days of 2 players and days of 15, but yes, not filled and fighting to get into the game as once long ago. Old bskers return on occassion, some to reminisce, some to complain it's not what it was and they won't be back (so why do they keep coming back?) and others that find the sweet bliss of being home again.

It's a great place and I would be very disheartened to lose it again. If it's possible to run both the beloved real BSK and the BSK II, please please do so. I won't be at the BSK II ever, but I do love my BSK here!

Faithful to BSK in NwN,
Kamileon / Paradox Rune / Dragon's Love
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

BSK isn't quite as dead as Elvis but it has definitely ' sat on the toilet' . All good things come to an end . It's true what Driller said , 'The Nothingness' is sweeping across all the NWN servers with the exception of places like Amia , Aertheca and a few others who have a truly dedicated player base and Administration staff . As for NWN being finite I beg to differ . The toolset and creative scripters and erfers have done amazing things with the engine and its only limited by those who choose to develop it or abandon it . In another year you will be able to buy NWN2 in the bargain Bin at Best Buy , the game is unbelievably choppy and non user friendly . I've played BSK2 and its not something I can immerse myself in or even enjoy . I think Driller brought BSK up 6-7 years ago and its only natural that he has lost interest in it .
There are rumors that NWN is on the list for 2009 to no longer be supported by Atari or Bioware or whomever now owns the rights to it which means the only way to get on a server is through direct connect , bare in mind that is just a rumor . As most of you already know..WoW sucks , you might as well be playing EverQuest attacking a canoe for six hours to get your skill level up as to play that garbage , I mean theres nothing there for developers or RP builders . NWN2 is guilty of the same thing really . Atari threw something together as quickly as they could to stay competitive , hell they put an expansion on the shelf before they even had the base game even playable .
Me personaly I will continue browsing NWN servers until Im no longer able to and then I am done . Perhaps Driller will have a creative epiphany and get a renewed interest in the game and start another server from scratch in which case I will be there sword in hand on a daily basis .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Dark Steal
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dark Steal »

I am on most everyday, and yes it's not as strong as it was, but i love it there! I think in time it can be. So please don't take it down.
Mizon Sky
Baron
Baron

Post by Mizon Sky »

I have to agree with everyone.
I love BSK to bits and would hate it see it go down, I play on it for a hour or so every other day at least :-)
I dont see more then say 10-15 people on at any one time lately either but those who are faithfull to BSK are a great bunch. I've never played nwn2 and dont really plan to unless BSK2 does replace the orginal and is taken down, out of all the servers I've ever been on over the years BSK is far by the best, its a great formula and works 100%.
I'm really hoping BSK is kept up and hopefully this is just a slowdown and will perk up again sometime in the near future. 8)

In game Characters:

Mizon Sky
Orik Gravel Hammer
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by DM_Avalon »

I agree with everyone ... Yes BSK is a wonderful server and many people have made good friends here over the time it has been running ... We have all had fun with everything that has happened in the past ... but we must also look at the way things are moving ... Sadly NWN1 is a dying game and with the player base slowly moving to NWN2, WoW and other games it is time for the developers and other to look to the future ... Until Driller and Admin have made a decision on the fate of BSK I suggest everyone continue as usual ... play BSK ... make new characters ... RP ... have fun ...

I will continue to DM on BSK as usual until it's destiny is fulfilled
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

First off well said XDDX. I personally have played WoW and it sucks...No RP, No thought process in makin a build you are one class throughout the hole time to lvl 70. I dont think its worth paying 30 bucks every 2 months to lvl slow as hell. 1 year of playing on WoW = 150 bucks gone and thats not including the 60+ bucks it takes to buy the game and expansion...And their will be more expansions for it. As far as NWN2 goes I havnt tried it myself but the thought of 4 classes is just to confusing for me. For me I will still be on BSK just about everyday till it is 100% dead. You will see new characters made by me and I will be just as active.
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
Nizzle
Count
Count

Post by Nizzle »

BSK needs to find a new platform.

/Ian
I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
It may be he shall take my hand
Lead me into his dark land
Close my eyes and quench my breath
I have a rendezvous with Death
I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

First off well said XDDX. I personally have played WoW and it sucks...No RP, No thought process in makin a build you are one class throughout the hole time to lvl 70. I dont think its worth paying 30 bucks every 2 months to lvl slow as hell. 1 year of playing on WoW = 150 bucks gone and thats not including the 60+ bucks it takes to buy the game and expansion...And their will be more expansions for it. As far as NWN2 goes I havnt tried it myself but the thought of 4 classes is just to confusing for me. For me I will still be on BSK just about everyday till it is 100% dead. You will see new characters made by me and I will be just as active.
When comes to WoW ... well you dont need to pay to play if you know right people and private server's ... few Old BSKer's currently play here ... its all free and free download of WoW. Need also understand WoW is not Nwn ... different style of play and World and not based on the AD&D system

http://www.wanderlust-wow.net/forum/index.php

Now for BSK ... I am around just only on for limited time and only on saturday's for now. And I will continue to play until Driller shut's it down. BSK great server ... just shame NwN2 was a bomb and the game itself has become old and out dated.

Hordack
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
icequeen
Baron
Baron
Location: having a wanderlust weekend this week cmon have a look its FREE

Post by icequeen »

Hordack wrote:
When comes to WoW ... well you dont need to pay to play if you know right people and private server's ... few Old BSKer's currently play here ... its all free and free download of WoW. Need also understand WoW is not Nwn ... different style of play and World and not based on the AD&D system

http://www.wanderlust-wow.net/forum/index.php

Now for BSK ... I am around just only on for limited time and only on saturday's for now. And I will continue to play until Driller shut's it down. BSK great server ... just shame NwN2 was a bomb and the game itself has become old and out dated.

Hordack

WELL said Hordy if ya know the right people ya can get on WoW with out paying a thing *grins*

The PvP is great , good old fights and ya get mounts which are 100% better then a horse lol .

Shame BSK is dieing but good things have to come to a end