Changes seen since the 1.69 upgrade

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Changes seen since the 1.69 upgrade

Post by Capt Cliff »

Ok ...

1) Cloak crafting is missing ...

2) I went to the forge and put a forgie (yeah that forgie) on a torch ... nothing happened ... it ate my forgie but ... #$@!^& was not done!!!???

3) Been having trouble loading the game ... it crashes when I just click on the icon. Could be my set-up is corrupted.

4) One more item ... I did a transfer of a "torch" from one toon to another using a crate in an undisclosed location. When I picked up the "torch" with my other toon the special properties were missing.
Last edited by Capt Cliff on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Re: Changes seen since the 1.69 upgrade

Post by Mask-inc »

Other things too:

horses don't work with old toons anymore,
when i try the swamp and the trolls lair, the soak of my items was not working either,
and the summon horse from the paladin not working too.

All i have noticed so far.
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

5) Greater and elite archer belts has been made impodent buy the increase in range damage! I took 21 points of physical plus 4 acid, no acid protection, with a greater belt on. This makes archers way too dangerous!
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Not quite impotent Cappy. The belts don't soak all of the damage. This is most likely a 1.69 change. Tyras were never ment to be easy, and are still doable at low lvls....just have to adapt.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Dan8145 wrote:Not quite impotent Cappy. The belts don't soak all of the damage. This is most likely a 1.69 change. Tyras were never ment to be easy, and are still doable at low lvls....just have to adapt.
True true ... not ment to be easy .. but! I went to visit the Shadows. They used to do one type of physical damge. So I went there with the appropreate belt and got shreaded!! I tried all the belts and was getting about the same physical damage, it was physical damage, with each belt type. It was like the belts were not doing anything. Now this is with a new 1.69 PC creation. So I took my 32nd level pladin ( a 1.68 build) to the shadows ... stripped off his armor ... only had claok (nymph), boots (zim's), dragon shield and rings ... he had the old belt reqirement on and never took any damage. Now he is a DD and I assume the DD soak don't work until you activate it. I should try a straight fighter there and see ...
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Capt Cliff wrote:
Dan8145 wrote:Not quite impotent Cappy. The belts don't soak all of the damage. This is most likely a 1.69 change. Tyras were never ment to be easy, and are still doable at low lvls....just have to adapt.
True true ... not ment to be easy .. but! I went to visit the Shadows. They used to do one type of physical damge. So I went there with the appropreate belt and got shreaded!! I tried all the belts and was getting about the same physical damage, it was physical damage between 15 to 25 hits, with each belt type. It was like the belts were not doing anything. Now this is with a new 1.69 PC creation. So I took my 32nd level pladin ( a 1.68 build) to the shadows ... stripped off his armor ... only had claok (nymph), boots (zim's), dragon shield and rings ... he had the old belt reqirement on and never took any damage. Now he is a DD and I assume the DD soak don't work until you activate it. I should try a straight fighter there and see ... ok went there with my straight fighter and he got shreaded ... even with socket armor and hood ... beats me what physical damage they are doing!
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

DD soak just Soaks bud. No activation. Thats why you took no damage.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Thanks for the DD explaination Dan.

It also might be that they are doing multiple damage types now. Claw and bite, slash and pierce, or claw and punch ... should test it with combat gloves.

Speaking of Combat gloves. I had the ants drop me a pair ... first time ever I saw those drop ... but it's values were set to 10 on each and not 15 as in Akons. I was hoping they would nerf up to 15 but so far no dice!
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Akons is only /10..Battle Gloves.

Also, with 1.69 it counts the lowest resistance...so I have a feeling items like Battle Gloves aren't really going to be much use. I may be wrong but I don't think they'll resist multiple damages now...just one. For instance..in PvP againt a M'Star opponent...if you wear Gloves /10 and a Greater Belt, say Brawlers. You're belt won't resist any Bludge Damage....but your gloves will resist /10 Bludge/pierce. Either/Or I am not sure lol.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

That would explain why the belts don't appear to resist as much when I have stoneskin cast. ... Thanks for the tip! -.- it's a shame it doesn't work in my favor.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

Yeah I did Shadow Minions wearing 25% Armor a BlackStone Hood 25% and had a greater Swordsmans belt on and took an average of 12 points . So , I did something I haven't done in a long time , I went and bought some potions . Woot!
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

So if resistances and soaks and immunities are all down-graded to only work with the lowest resistance... does that mean it's gonna be hard as bawlz to do anything in the arena?
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Pi'el
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Pi'el »

Gibbo wrote:So if resistances and soaks and immunities are all down-graded to only work with the lowest resistance... does that mean it's gonna be hard as bawlz to do anything in the arena?
I think that it means that everyone needs to start being more creative and stop relying on so much defense. 8) Also this might start increasing the amount of dex based and magic (wiz/sorc) builds
"Bravery and I are not on intimate terms – my natural curiosity is tempered with caution, thus I've lived long." - Cheshire Cat
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Pi'el wrote:I think that it means that everyone needs to start being more creative and stop relying on so much defense. 8) Also this might start increasing the amount of dex based and magic (wiz/sorc) builds
Guess it's a good thing I rarely do anything but ! .... time to exchange one of those Wilts for a Premonition...
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

[quote="Dan8145"]Akons is only /10..Battle Gloves.quote]

Hate to correct ya bud but the "Combat Gloves" at Akon's are 15 for each. Unless that changed when 1.69 came on line. I have not seen Battle gloves on "this server", on others yes. Now the ant's dropped a pair of "combat gloves", it says combat gloves, but there rating was 10 for each like hide of the beast armor. Combat gloves at 15 require lvl 17 ... were as the ones at 10 require lvl 13. Go figure .... :-k

Strange that the ants with the standard ant hunting gear do no damage but the shadows and trolls do now. Maybe a bug with the trolls and shadows has been fixed, meaning they do two types of physical attacks.