Spawning/Farming Monsters???

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Spawning/Farming Monsters???

Post by Capt Cliff »

I thought Spawning/Farming Monsters was against the rules? I mean running around getting monsters to follow you then when you have 10 or so around you you letting you special buffs or uber gear kill them. If your alone in an area I say what the hey but spawning them well that's hogging kills.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Re: Spawning/Farming Monsters???

Post by Gibbo »

Rarely anything is an issue when someone is training alone. It's difficult to violate the social graces when you're the only one around. I mean, theoretically, it's possible, but I would recommend a shrink.

My own view of this is that if you know you're in an area with someone else around... either party up with them or steer clear of them. If I notice they're being unusually obnoxious with farming, I'll mention it to them in a nice way...

Of course, this particular topic just keeps resurfacing every year or so... lol I just decided to pipe up on this one.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

I don't see a problem with it, just good tactics, though I don't often employ the strategy myself, I prefer to take my time and pick them off one by one.
The rules are.. THERE AIN'T NO RULES
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Capt Cliff wrote:I thought Spawning/Farming Monsters was against the rules? I mean running around getting monsters to follow you then when you have 10 or so around you you letting you special buffs or uber gear kill them. If your alone in an area I say what the hey but spawning them well that's hogging kills.
Personally, I consider it to be kill stealing. Therefore, I will ask them nicely to stop, and if that doesn't work then I will RP my way to a fight :evil:

If they do it with just a few monsters in a high spawn area then fine.. But do it in moderation.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

I normally do it if someone is in the area or if there not. When its just me I herd them all. When theres others I do it about five at a time or so. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it.

*Edit*
And no it is not against the rules to farm monsters

-Zero
Last edited by Wing--Zero on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

I like people who herd critter's I find them more easier pickings to check there bags for nice item's to pay for the horrible rogue taxes around here. :evil: :twisted:
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Distant Traveler
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Distant Traveler »

Ah... ogre patties...

Thought I finally found a thread about hatching bloodthirsty pitchfork wielding halflings from eggs in a small stream.

Guess I'll just have to keep looking. :retard: