Warning on Patch 1.69

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Warning on Patch 1.69

Post by driller »

Please be aware of this.

Feat Prerequisite changes (these may make some existing characters invalid in multiplayer games)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
- The Epic Dodge feat now requires 30 ranks of Tumble skill as a prerequisite, as per the description (feat.2da).
- The "Dragon Shape" feat now requires Wild Shape 6x/day as per the description (feats.2da).
- Fixed prerequisite for "Epic Weapon Focus Club" to be "Weapon Focus Club" rather than "Improved Critical Club" (feat.2da).
- Weapon Specialization Club now requires four fighter levels to obtain (rather than one).

Thanks,
-driller
G_n_S_Penzance
Knight
Knight

Re: Warning on Patch 1.69

Post by G_n_S_Penzance »

How will this effect pre-existing characters with these feats already?

Will we have a way to access them to re-create or, mule items?
Or will these previous characters be at a total loss?
I am not sure, but I may have a character floating around out there with Epic Dodge and not sure if the rank 30 tumbling is there or not.

I would not mind it at all, if I had a character that had one of these new invalid feats, to temporarily port me into a deleveling starter area. I wouldn't mind deleveling til the feat is removed.
--Pemmyton the Arcitect.
--Veri ( Pemmyton's pixie familiar )
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I want you to go look at your chars and post here who they are and ask for a rebuild if they will be illegal with new patch.

Thanks,
-driller
G_n_S_Penzance wrote:How will this effect pre-existing characters with these feats already?

Will we have a way to access them to re-create or, mule items?
Or will these previous characters be at a total loss?
I am not sure, but I may have a character floating around out there with Epic Dodge and not sure if the rank 30 tumbling is there or not.

I would not mind it at all, if I had a character that had one of these new invalid feats, to temporarily port me into a deleveling starter area. I wouldn't mind deleveling til the feat is removed.
G_n_S_Penzance
Knight
Knight

Post by G_n_S_Penzance »

okay,
I will have to wait til the patch to do a through check as my good computer's powersupply and video card went out.
Right now I am on my old computer and it is only updated with the 1.69 and Cep 2.1
--Pemmyton the Arcitect.
--Veri ( Pemmyton's pixie familiar )
DM_Shadowlands
Knight
Knight

Post by DM_Shadowlands »

Suggest for those char you think might have a problem is to remove everything they have to a mule that is level 1. Then if you have a problem logging in after the update you will not of lost anything.
Little things can lead to... just about anything.

DM_Shadowlands :finger:
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

F.Y.I. I plan on implementing patch 1.69 tonight.

-driller
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

I have 1.69 and CEP v 2.1 but can't seem to find BSK on GameSpy. This a known issue?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will do this tonight, EST time. The server is still 1.68 right now.

-driller

Dan8145 wrote:I have 1.69 and CEP v 2.1 but can't seem to find BSK on GameSpy. This a known issue?
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I have Cep2.1 and patch 1.69 but for some reason when I try to log on BSK I get a missing file saying its cep2_v1.tlk . I play on other CEP21 1.69 Servers and its no problem logging on , has anyone got any insight on this?
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
_Murdock_
Count
Count

Post by _Murdock_ »

Updated to 1.69.....download the new Cep but can't install it and my game isn't starting anymore.
Getting the message my nwn.exe is corrupt.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Critical rebuild.

http://files.bioware.com/neverwinternig ... Update.exe

-driller
_Murdock_ wrote:Updated to 1.69.....download the new Cep but can't install it and my game isn't starting anymore.
_Murdock_
Count
Count

Post by _Murdock_ »

driller wrote:Critical rebuild.

-driller
_Murdock_ wrote:Updated to 1.69.....download the new Cep but can't install it and my game isn't starting anymore.

I tried that but nothing helps. I start NWN, the NWloader starts then it vanish....unable to load the game even to play single campain. Something must have corrupted my game.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can try this. Go to your NWN directory and right click on nwmain.exe and select properties. Go to the compatibility mode and select Windows XP Pro SP2.

-driller
_Murdock_ wrote:

-driller

I tried that but nothing helps. I start NWN, the NWloader starts then it vanish....unable to load the game even to play single campain. Something must have corrupted my game.
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

You can try this. Go to your NWN directory and right click on nwmain.exe and select properties. Go to the compatibility mode and select Windows XP Pro SP2.

-driller

_Murdock_ wrote:

-driller

I know not all of us are computer Geeks around here but make sure if doing a clean install to delete all NwN files.

Then install in this Order:

INSTALL NWN AND UPDATE TO 1.69 PATCH
INSTALL CEP V2.0
INSTALL CEP V2.0_C (LATEST UPDATED VERSION OF CEP V2.1)
ADD YOUR OVERIDE FILES INTO THE NWN OVERIDE FILE

I have found that few people who have problems are in fact forgetting to install the Full CEP v2.0 and only installing CEP v2.1_C

Hordack
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
_Murdock_
Count
Count

Post by _Murdock_ »

I'm using Vista and that's not a option to choose, it's currently set on Windows XP (service pack 2)

[quote="driller"]You can try this. Go to your NWN directory and right click on nwmain.exe and select properties. Go to the compatibility mode and select Windows XP Pro SP2.

-driller

[quote="_Murdock_"][quote="driller"]Critical rebuild.

-driller