Electrifiers for "Dummies"

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Electrifiers for "Dummies"

Post by tropiofCancer »

I dont know about the rest of you but not all my characters have the obligatory rogue level for "Use magical device' and Tumble . The new drop rate is a deluge of heal kits , potions , and mundane weapons and I spend way too much time porting back to the temple to throw all the stuff in the trash barrel so my character doesnt start dropping things . A kind DM gave Gabrial a "Magical Trash Decomposer" once that is basically and electrifier with out the charge property only the destroy part . It would be great if an item like this was available for sale in say the Crossroads or Gunthers . There are players that will just leave the crap laying everywhere and still complain about the lag but for level 40 chars that havent got much use for a potion of cure light wounds it would be a good way to keep the server clean and green , thanks .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Re: Electrifiers for "Dummies"

Post by Capt Cliff »

To get people to use it I suggest having the "trash decomposer" spit out a socket gem or gold or random gem (diamond) or something to motivate people to use it. Other wise the Peep's won't picking up stuff and squish it cause they are lazy. Adding an incentive might make it work.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

We could always assign PC tags to all generated loot/items... and place a script that will check an area when a player leave it. If any items belonging/generated by the PC remain behind - we could have a percentage chance to delete all their forges, sockets, gold, xp.... etc....

People are not 'rewarded' for 'not littering'.... though, we could have a 'littering fine' instituted on BSK.

that said.... the modified "Electrifier" idea does have some merit to it.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:We could always assign PC tags to all generated loot/items... and place a script that will check an area when a player leave it. If any items belonging/generated by the PC remain behind - we could have a percentage chance to delete all their forges, sockets, gold, xp.... etc....

People are not 'rewarded' for 'not littering'.... though, we could have a 'littering fine' instituted on BSK.

that said.... the modified "Electrifier" idea does have some merit to it.

Myle
*gulp* ... that might also help the lag ... since no one would be playing on the server ... Oh and Myle in a previous life you rode with who? Genghis or Attila? :D
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

or make a clean up script that actually makes the crap go away :oops: :shock: *puts a shell on ground and lurks in a corner watching it* come on. . come on . . POOF ALREADY :lol: :lol:
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have that already. So it is not working? It should *poof* in 5 minutes.

-driller
Axe Madness wrote:or make a clean up script that actually makes the crap go away :oops: :shock: *puts a shell on ground and lurks in a corner watching it* come on. . come on . . POOF ALREADY :lol: :lol:
Mammoth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Mammoth »

ive noticed that if i dont touch it it POOFs in a few mins.
I dont wanna pick up a huge amount of un-needed things so i leave them, but i make sure they POOF before leaving the area.

is that ok?
im a newb sorry.
Chr Names:
Night Anvil
Radagast Daggerfell
Lam Sai Wing
Wong Fei Hung
Roy Batty
Leon Kowalski
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

well i dropped a pair of random gloves from my inventory on ground in umgahs did 5mins in visual range of the item it didn't poof i then moved and killed a umgah that dropped 'gold piece' i left the gloves where they where now out of visual range and stood in visual range of gold piece the gloves did a total of 10mins and didn't poof the gold that was dropped by a umgah and not me didn't poof either #-o
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex