Good News / Bad News

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good News / Bad News

Post by driller »

Bad news.

First let me say I am sorry for those who enjoy Blackstone 2. I am going to shut it down and put all of it's areas on the vault as a base module.
Take them and make the PW you want. Even after all the work I did, my heart is just not in it. I have no desire to keep it going. I am going to take a break from the PW business.
Please don't ask me to keep it alive, I am done.

Good news.

Luceran has decided to run Blackstone Keep for NWN1 and it will be put back online.
Luceran will be in charge of the running the server, picking it's DM's and making policy.

This will not be me bringing BSK back, it will be Luceran.
For those of you who don't know Luceran, he is a friend of mine who helped me with ideals/building during Blackstone's early years.
I continue to host the server and the forums, but will only be providing basic behind the scenes support.

I will do two last major things:

1.Add 1.69 content when it comes out, including horses and jousting.
2.Integrate all the areas I have made from other mods.

After that, I will be pretty much be finished.

I will not be involved in the day to day running of the server.

Please don't contact me about it at all. That includes character issues, disputes with DMs, other players, gameplay ideals/requests etc. You can of course post all of the above in the forums, just don't email me or expect me to reply.

Luceran will be the admin of the server and the forums.

You can contact Luceran at luceran@gmail.com

Thanks,
-driller
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Whens bsk 1 comeing back up?
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I am uploading the BSK2 areas to the vault as I type this. I will talk to Luceran either tonight or tomorrow to figure out when.

-driller
Wing--Zero wrote:Whens bsk 1 comeing back up?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The BSK2 base module should show up in the file section of this entry when it is approved by Maximus.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... 5294&id=92

-driller
geoswrtz
Commoner
Commoner

Post by geoswrtz »

Great I finally find a server that I can call home that isn't a piece of crap and it goes off line. I just want to say thank you to obsedian for really screwing this game up. Its a shame because this is by far the best server I have seen. I even started telling my friends about it. Very frustrating considering all the other servers ive played on are terrible. I wish you would reconsider.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

You may want to update the website address in your entry.

http://thewastelands.org is some sort of book resale thing now.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Goodbye

Post by Doofy Britches »

Well Driller-

for whatever its worth,- for the last two years.. I have had hours upon hours of endless enjoyment in playing both BSK 1 and II, and I deeply appreciate the time and effort you spent in creating both. Sorry to see you leave the PW business....you are certainly a "hallmark" of what a good PW designer/creator/hoster should be.

Take care, and if you ever do come back.. please make sure you let us know.. you have built a world-wide following of dedicated players and I'm certain- they would all be there for you should you ever decided to come back

Thanks for allowing BSK I to continue.

Doofy Britches
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Goodbye

Post by driller »

Oh, I will still hang out on the forums and play, I just don't want to be involved in running things anymore. Thanks for the kind words.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:Well Driller-

for whatever its worth,- for the last two years.. I have had hours upon hours of endless enjoyment in playing both BSK 1 and II, and I deeply appreciate the time and effort you spent in creating both. Sorry to see you leave the PW business....you are certainly a "hallmark" of what a good PW designer/creator/hoster should be.

Take care, and if you ever do come back.. please make sure you let us know.. you have built a world-wide following of dedicated players and I'm certain- they would all be there for you should you ever decided to come back

Thanks for allowing BSK I to continue.

Doofy Britches
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The file has been posted.

-driller
driller wrote:The BSK2 base module should show up in the file section of this entry when it is approved by Maximus.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... 5294&id=92

-driller
dsromal
Commoner
Commoner

Thank you

Post by dsromal »

Driller,

Thank you for building a great world. I'm sad but understand not wanting to build anymore.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thank you

Post by driller »

Your welcome.

-driller
dsromal wrote:Driller,

Thank you for building a great world. I'm sad but understand not wanting to build anymore.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Fixed.

Thanks,
-driller
Gibbo wrote:You may want to update the website address in your entry.

http://thewastelands.org is some sort of book resale thing now.
Aneldor Shadowflame
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Aneldor Shadowflame »

hello driller,
im so sad you decided to axe your BSK2 project it was shaping up to be the best nwn2 server on the net, especially with the new areas you added. i have to say your landscapes and scenery's were breathtaking, i have thoroughly enjoyed your module very much. i used to play on BSK1 and im glad you decided to keep it going, but i just cant bring myself to install nwn1 again now that ive seen how good nwn2 can actually be, maybe someone will download your mod and attampt to carry on your work, but to be honest i can only see your vision being destoyed by lesser mod builders. anyways im rambling on a bit here lol. thanks for all your efforts ill stay active in the forums if you dont mind, ill be quietly hoping to read a post about you bringing BSK2 online again.

you just made this Irish Paddy very sad :(
Nizzle
Count
Count

Post by Nizzle »

I'm back!!!!!
I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
It may be he shall take my hand
Lead me into his dark land
Close my eyes and quench my breath
I have a rendezvous with Death
I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Question

Post by Doofy Britches »

Driller,

forgive me please.. I just don't have mod building experience like you do.

You posted (and I downloaded) BSK2-- I assumed you had left it up there in it last current state, and I could just use the characters I was playing and play it as a solo mod that way. (like a module you would purchase)

However, I had to roll a new character, and none of the areas scrips are there (stores, conversations, etc.)

Did you just put up the "shell" of areas.. so that others could add the content (like garth at the store).. so this is more of a developers shell...?

Thanks-
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax