Rules clarification

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yoult was banned before the 4:00pm reset.

-driller
Queen Naga II wrote:Yoult has attacked three of my characters without any consent given they only survived because of stealth and reflexes.

I have already sent a few screenshots to DM Nexus showing these unprovoked attack and have more from this evening too.

He seems to get newbies invited to party then drops out of party and kills them without warning from what I have heard from one completye newbie to NWN.

Chuck on the other hand is just a pest compared to this Jonathan Youit (user id "Dell Computer Systems" )
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Grief Inviting

Post by Doofy Britches »

You know?

I have been the subject of that on more than a few occasions.. and its extraordinarily annoying.

You are running around doing your thing.. killing mobs.. and someone else is in the same area.. no tells.. no rp.. just "invite spam".. I hit ignore.. "invite" again.

I send a tell.. Who are ya, I don't know you IC, and I'm not prone to go in party IC without RP... "invite spam" again.. and then I get lip back about why not go in party its fun...etc.,

Ack!!! annoying!
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
Ticka
Commoner
Commoner

Rod of Frost Abuse

Post by Ticka »

And for the record - those rods of frost are for low level characters who need help smiting wolves and skeletons. Not for randomly beaming people in the face with for kicks. You wanna do it to your -friends- and it's all tee-hee ha-ha between you, fine. I've been known to inflict some icey nostrils on a friend or two. But to do it to random people just to be a neusance, take that rod of frost and shove it up your....

It's cute the first time, but annoying after 15 straight minutes of it.
Good grief. We could really do without the senseless garbage. :x
"The question isn't who is going to let me. It's who is going to stop me"
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

quick question, if forged gear is PPed, is it within the rules that you must give it back?
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Re: Rules clarification

Post by Ipsissimossity »

driller wrote:PvP consent rules clarification

1.If you insult someone OCC or IC you consent to PvP.
2.If you pick pocket someone you consent to PvP.
3.If you are involved in a guild you consent to PvP.
4.If you steal kills or loot from another player, you consent to PVP.
5.Obviously, if you cast hostile spells or attack someone you consent to PvP.
6.If you enter the arena you consent to PvP.

-driller
Does one consent to PvP with the character or the player ?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Character.

-driller
Ipsissimossity wrote:

-driller
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

Ghost4life wrote:quick question, if forged gear is PPed, is it within the rules that you must give it back?
I was told it's a courtesy to return the gear. If you want to be a Richard, then don't. :D
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

driller wrote:Character.

-driller
Ipsissimossity wrote:

-driller
In that case; due to the lack of respect to this rule, I appreciate if you could give an example of what would be done to punish violators of this rule. As it is fairly easy to take a screen shot of the process of players logging different characters, retaliating and re-logging, I am sure that stating such a punishment would make this problem abate.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

DM response depends on the severity of the situation and if it is repeat behavior.

In general, we fo not ban on the first offence or report of offence.

Screenshots are the proper way to report most problems. The entire playerbase can know that 'JohnDoePKr' is a constant griefer and PK's and PP's all the time. If nobody sends a SS to a DM; then we are unable to evaluate the problem unless we see it first hand.

If we get several SS's that point to a pattern of a player being a problem, it is easier to determine how to proceed.

Once we have determined a person is a problem player, we have several tools available to us.

-We can port people to the Prison. This is different from the jail, in that the prison is a zone scripted to contain any PC placed there. They can not escape with portals, death or even by waiting for reset.

-We can drop non-drop iwarning tokens in their inventory that basically fills up the character, wieghing them done and making thier inventory cluttered - or even useless.

-We can issue temporary bans that will last until the next reset.

-We can issue a temporary ban that will last until Driller reviews the situation and determines if the ban will be hours, days, weeks, months, or permanent.

-We have other tools and resources also, but the above is a good point of reference.

Also... I am on X-fire most of the time when I am online. If needed, contact me. As long as it is important, I do not mind hopping on to deal with a problem player as long as I am not tied up with admin duties elsewhere. X-Fire account: Mylelot

If the message says AFK- leave a message.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle