The future of Blackstone Keep II

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

yeah...player count was pretty abysmal. I do like some things about it, though. I hope with the expansion, it will be better~
Kell
Knight
Knight

Post by Kell »

The player count was fine perhaps you were logging on at quiet periods

Slowly there are some pretty decent servers appearing on the scene i have found at least 3 that are worth playing on 2 of those are heavy on rp.
In the Kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is King
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

"heavy on rp" usually means the character builds becomes unimportant and experience is hard to earn. I like developing my character strength-wise, too...
mario mario
Commoner
Commoner

Post by mario mario »

I have to agree somewhat, Good rp is when the character/Player are one, they react to stuff, they sniff, sneeze , laugh, grumble, they have very little intrest in levels, they fear evil, they use good for there own purposes, they roleplay every event, they notice where the guards are, ask why theres no locals, they have other intrests like collecting flowers, they are real people in a real world, not computer characters to level, they fear death, they rest, they even take holidays.
Yup Rp is about being that character, acting out there every move, speech , and hardship.

To Roleplay a first level character for 5 years is better in my view than to Level a 40th in 2 months, and then wonder what to do next, The first level will reach second, and he will not be a computer character anymore.

I think I got that lot above right, but i think you know what i'm saying.

Mario.
The Stage becomes a ship in flames, I tie you to the mast. I throw your body overboard, the spot light doesn't last. - Bauhaus
Kell
Knight
Knight

Post by Kell »

I get what you are saying i have played on many servers and yes while it is nice to lvl most servers do this to quickly and that for me is where boredom sets in, I much prefer slower leveling with good rp watching your character grow.
In the Kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is King
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Aesthetics arent Enough

Post by tropiofCancer »

BSKII Was indeed easy on the eyes but the bugs were to much to make the game enjoyable . I believe the developers were looking for for something they could sell to the kids in the store rather than have a sound game . Other than HIPS having a 6 second cool down , TimeStop being removed , and Keen not stacking w/ feats the game was a complete travisty...Good Call Driller .
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

but i did like the new feats and the Warlock class too!!!

I'm trying to figure out RP/lvl balance for my server. I think I'll make XP go a little slow, not too bad, and put it a LOT of quests so levelling isn't boring hack n slash millions of the same monster for hours. Also, an RP esteem system I'm thinking about changes how much XP you gain according to how good and how often (technical: say like -0.25 to -1 rank per level gained) you RP.

(That is, RP will probably be mandatory and your character will benefit from good RPing. This is to discourage pure powergamers from coming, but the roleplay-powergame gaming style as well as pure roleplay gaming style will both be supported. The system is more like points earned rather than a scale, so pure RPers will gain XP very quickly when they stop to fight. More points are earned for roleplaying well. Poor or nonexistent roleplay will probably mean you'll have trouble getting past levels 5 to 10, because your rank will decrease with every level! [Plus, some people may vote to decrease your level if you avoid RP or RP poorly.] Well, enough about my future module :P)
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Founding elven warrior-stealth monk of the Shining Order Monastery
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

The Warlock class r0xx0rz my b0xx0rz.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

Meh, Sorcerers are the best.
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Ok, I have traveled to many servers in search of one I could call home and with NO LUCK :evil:

I am currently trying Midgard Saga and am ok here, but it is not what I expected or would like to have. BSKII was that for me.

I HOPE TO GOD YOU ARE LISTENING DRILLER... Aside from the bugs, this game rocks... it is just different then NWN1... But, once you have played it for a while you get used to it and it becomes a very addicting game, just like NWN1 did.

BRING BACK BSKII :!: !!!!

Please :?:
bud22
Commoner
Commoner

Post by bud22 »

Too bad, so sad. Yours is the one I had the most fun on. The others I've played had either crappy connections or they were just work and not fun. Once again, too bad, so sad.
wimpyisdead
Knight
Knight

being very new to your server...

Post by wimpyisdead »

all i can say is that blackstone keep 1 is one of the best.. if not the best world ive played. and i would really be interested in playing bsk2 if they ever fix the bugs in NWN2. But as it stands, nwn2 sucks and i dont enjoy playing it.

we can always dream right?
Soju
Knight
Knight

Post by Soju »

I too wish bsk2 would return. I have abonded nwn2 until it returns.
'It doesn't get any more serious than a rhinoceros..."
mario mario
Commoner
Commoner

Post by mario mario »

I think there are a few of us thinking the same thing, BSK1 was /still is good. But after playing NWN2, you get spoilt for graphics and it feels like your taking a backward turn to go back to NWN1, NWN2 has killed the game for me, I prefer NWN2 , but going into the toolset for anybody is an absolute nightmare and who really has the amount of spare time to create anything substantial.
The Stage becomes a ship in flames, I tie you to the mast. I throw your body overboard, the spot light doesn't last. - Bauhaus
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

mario mario wrote:I think there are a few of us thinking the same thing, BSK1 was /still is good. But after playing NWN2, you get spoilt for graphics and it feels like your taking a backward turn to go back to NWN1, NWN2 has killed the game for me, I prefer NWN2 , but going into the toolset for anybody is an absolute nightmare and who really has the amount of spare time to create anything substantial.
So true.